Author Topic: Duckmanton Iron Works farm  (Read 924 times)

Offline dobfarm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Scarcliffe village Derbyshire
    • View Profile
Duckmanton Iron Works farm
« on: Monday 21 August 17 10:04 BST (UK) »
Hi All

My mother was baptised at Duckmanton parish abode Duckmanton works, (near Bolsover) father an Ag Lab. Its now all demolished being just foundations of buildings, I was wondering if anyone knows of or where there maybe some photos in existence of the Duckmanton works or farm or both

http://maps.nls.uk/geo/explore/side-by-side/#zoom=17&lat=53.2387&lon=-1.3579&layers=171&right=BingHyb

Also mum was living at Orchard Row Carr vale Bolsover in the 1911 census again demolish with newer house on the location now and again wondering if any photo's exist of around them years of Carr vale

Thanks for reading

Dobby

:)
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Any transcription of information does not identify or prove anything.
Intended as a Guide only in ancestry research.-It is up to the reader as to any Judgment of assessments of information given! to check from original sources.

In my opinion the marriage residence is not always the place of birth. Never forget Workhouse and overseers accounts records of birth

Offline ruth52

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Duckmanton Iron Works farm
« Reply #1 on: Monday 21 August 17 13:14 BST (UK) »
Have you seen this site?
http://www.oldminer.co.uk/adelphi-2.html

Ruth
whyatt/wyatt - chesterfield,de rusett/quigley,crosbie -india, barber, beswick- yorkshire, astridge- portsmouth,
travis, gill, barker, fielding- derbyshire

Offline dobfarm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Scarcliffe village Derbyshire
    • View Profile
Re: Duckmanton Iron Works farm
« Reply #2 on: Monday 21 August 17 23:11 BST (UK) »
Thanks Ruth

Much appreciated

Dobby
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Any transcription of information does not identify or prove anything.
Intended as a Guide only in ancestry research.-It is up to the reader as to any Judgment of assessments of information given! to check from original sources.

In my opinion the marriage residence is not always the place of birth. Never forget Workhouse and overseers accounts records of birth