Author Topic: Ancestry problem with "Sydney, Australia, Anglican Parish Registers, 1818-2011"  (Read 3202 times)

Offline Jang

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Ancestry have recently released  a new record set - "Sydney, Australia, Anglican Parish Registers, 1818-2011"

I can't access these records, even though I have a Heritage Plus sub. I've sent them numerous emails with no reply - very frustrating.

I'm particularly interested in the record for Enid Elgar Coulson, that is, if she was born in 1912.

Can anyone tell me if this is the case?

Jan

England:
Durham: COULSON, FENWICK, HUNTER, LOWES, NAYLOR, ROBSON
Norfolk: DEWING, OUGHTON, TAYLOR,
Lancashire: TWEDDLE
Ireland: KEATING, KIRBY, Limerick; NELSON, Donegal
Scotland: BENNIE, Glasgow; COOK, Renfrewshire; HENDERSON, Alloa/Dundee; HUNTER, Glasgow; KIRKWOOD, Alloa; LAMONT, Dalkeith; YOUNG, Glasgow
Switzerland: VOSTI, DELUBINI
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline groom

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me aged 3. Tidied up thanks to Wiggy.
    • View Profile
Enid Elgar Coulson was born 8th March 1912 and baptised on the 10th July the same year. Her mother was Mary. There is the name Edward written above Mary, but that has been crossed out.

Offline Jang

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Ancestry problem with "Sydney, Australia, Anglican Parish Registers
« Reply #2 on: Monday 21 August 17 13:51 BST (UK) »
Thanks so much, that fits with the Enid Coulson I have :-)
England:
Scotland: BENNIE, Glasgow; COOK, Renfrewshire; HENDERSON, Alloa/Dundee; HUNTER, Glasgow; KIRKWOOD, Alloa; LAMONT, Dalkeith; YOUNG, Glasgow

Offline rosball

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • John Scott Henderson 1853 Scotland -1919 Vic
    • View Profile
Place of abode is Tuckhall  ???

Ros
Let's not tolerate bullying !
Herrington Kent  Henderson Scotland Kerr Scotland Reston Scotland  Smith Scotland  Kellow Cornwall  Doney Cornwall  Wadeson Lancashire  Whiteley Yorkshire Gregan Ireland

Offline Jang

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Ancestry problem with "Sydney, Australia, Anglican Parish Registers,
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 22 August 17 01:24 BST (UK) »
Thanks Ros. That's a mystery - I can't find any Sydney suburbs that are even close. I know Mary Coulson was living in Darlinghurst when Enid was born and in Camperdown the following year.
England:

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
Ancestry problem with "Sydney, Australia, Anglican Parish Registers, 1818-2011"
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 22 August 17 01:30 BST (UK) »
Page 194
Baptisms administered in the Cathedral of St Andrew, Sydney, in the County of Cumberland in the Year 1912
When baptised  July 10
(Line entry number) 2455  (Jang, the docment does not say ‘Line entry number’, they are my words)
When born  March 9  1912
Child’s Christian Name  Enid Elgar
Parents’ Names   Edward (struck through)  Mary COULSON,
Quality or Profession  NO remarks in ink, possible pencil remarks.
Abode  Leichhardt
Reverend:  C H Clark

I comment:
It is very likely that there’s ‘pencil’ comments entered by the clergyman.  I ‘think’ I can read the word ‘married’ adjacent to Edward and above Coulson.    There’s SIX possible words in pencil.    I am quite sure that clergy would record pencil comments where they may have had information about the parentage, but were aware of no formal marriage between the couple.

Perhaps it would be sensible to send email enquiry to Anglican Diocese Office in Sydney and wait for their reply ... could take a while for that reply !

JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Ancestry problem with "Sydney, Australia, Anglican Parish Registers, 1818-2011"
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 22 August 17 01:31 BST (UK) »
attaching hard to read pencil remarks

JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 22 August 17 01:33 BST (UK) »
Place of abode is Tuckhall  ???

Ros

I read it as Leichhardt

JM

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Ancestry problem with "Sydney, Australia, Anglican Parish Registers, "
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 22 August 17 01:38 BST (UK) »
It is of course possible that the 'pencil' comments are NOT pencil comments, but bleed throughs from the other side of the page.    August 4 1869 may well be a bleed through into the 'blank' box in the image I attached.

JM