Author Topic: White from Bellanaleck  (Read 1475 times)

Offline Carol Mack

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
White from Bellanaleck
« on: Monday 21 August 17 19:54 BST (UK) »
Just wondering if anyone is researching or knows anything about a White family from Bellanaleck?

Jane White, Bellanaleck, father John White, a labourer, married John Price from Tonyloman in Enniskillen Registrar's Office in 1868.

My recent DNA result matches me with Jane's family and so indicates that this could be a sister (or possibly cousin) of my grandmother, Ellen White, whose origins I have been chasing round Donegal and Tyrone for the past 10 years!!!! Now here goes with Fermanagh!!!!!

A John White of Carrickabweehan is mentioned in the Griffith's, the only suitable one I can find.

I was just wondering if anyone out there knows any more? Jane White was born c. 1847, my grandmother Ellen White somewhere between 1853 and 1858, and gives her father as John White a labourer or possibly George White a farmer. I have always been inclined to believe the former. I believe Cleenish parish baptism records don't go back before the 1850's.

Any help would be appreciated.

Carol

McVitty: Co. Donegal, Canada and Worldwide!
Kilpatrick: Co. Donegal
White: Co.Tyrone/Donegal
Ellison: Co.Tyrone/Donegal
Fleetwood: Yorkshire.
Hassell:London,  Shadrake:London & Essex.
Jenkins/Gardner Devon

Online rathmore

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: White from Bellanaleck
« Reply #1 on: Friday 01 September 17 15:15 BST (UK) »
Jane marriage mentioned on family search

http://www.familysearch.org

marriage 9.4.1868 fermanagh

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 01 September 17 15:54 BST (UK) »
Religion?
Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Offline Carol Mack

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 24 September 17 18:17 BST (UK) »
Many thanks for your replies, and sorry for the very late acknowledgement, I have had a bit of family stuff going on.

Thank you for the link to family search....there are some interesting White names there and to answer your question, I would say Protestant. We know the Prices were Methodist....very well documented. Jane and John ended up in Blackburn, Lancashire and I believe she is buried in the Protestant section of a graveyard there. My grandmother Ellen and her sister Martha were CofI.

It was just a long shot that someone would know of Whites in the area. The DNA match puts Jane's descendant and myself in the 2nd/3rd cousin range with extremely high confidence. Very exciting for two people who, over the past few years, have hit the proverbial 'brick wall' but so frustrating as we are struggling to make the connection!!!!!

Many thanks again,

Carol

McVitty: Co. Donegal, Canada and Worldwide!
Kilpatrick: Co. Donegal
White: Co.Tyrone/Donegal
Ellison: Co.Tyrone/Donegal
Fleetwood: Yorkshire.
Hassell:London,  Shadrake:London & Essex.
Jenkins/Gardner Devon