Author Topic: edward joseph tutty  (Read 1575 times)

Offline tom-dick

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
edward joseph tutty
« on: Wednesday 23 August 17 09:17 BST (UK) »
hello there,I am looking for any information on the above man.he was born in wicklow Ireland.He went to  London England.he was born in1858.He was a chemist in the 1881 census,any more information most welcome,thank you for your time,tom

Offline Milliepede

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: edward joseph tutty
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 23 August 17 09:54 BST (UK) »
There's an Edward J Tutty on passenger lists going to New York.  About the right age departing from Queenstown Ireland in 1909 - 1912 - 1920.  Occupation foundry worker. 

He appears on US census in Missouri 1910 - 1920 - 1930.  No other Tutty's with him. 

Do you think that might be him? 
Hinchliffe - Huddersfield Wiltshire
Burroughs - Arlingham Glos
Pick - Frocester Glos

Offline Milliepede

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 23 August 17 09:58 BST (UK) »
This might help.

He has two single nieces born Ireland with him on one census - do these names tie in with your chap?

Jane H Valentine born 1890
Helen Valentine born 1896
Pick - Frocester Glos

Offline Milliepede

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 23 August 17 10:02 BST (UK) »
Immigration 1882.

1920 says widowed but other census single.

Birthplace Ireland but another word has a line through and it looks very like Wicklow  :D
Pick - Frocester Glos

Online rosie17

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 23 August 17 15:39 BST (UK) »
There is a death for a Edward Joseph Tutty birth date 23 May 1857 Wicklow Ireland
Death 1935 Jasper County Missouri U S
www.findagrave.com

Rosie

Offline heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 23 August 17 19:48 BST (UK) »
The obituary with that grave record shows his birth year as 1858 but 1857 in the heading and adds also that he was not married.

There is an immigration record 1920 which shows Edward Tully, 63 yrs, Manufacturer, travelling from NY to Leamore Park, Newcastle, Wicklow.

1911 census shows a Valentine family living in Leamore Lower
http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1901/Wicklow/Newcastle_Lower/Leamore_Lower/1815850/

which fits with the nieces posted by Millipede.

Sarah Maria Tully, father William, married Edward Valentine.
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/marriage_returns/marriages_1886/10827/5949353.pdf

This all seems to relate to Edward from Missouri.

Does it fit with your Edward?
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline tom-dick

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 24 August 17 13:10 BST (UK) »
thank you all very much for your help.yes he is a distant relative through marriage although I did not know he went to the u.s. plenty for me to look up now.once again thank you for your time,tom

Offline GGwen

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Friday 15 September 17 04:55 BST (UK) »
Edward Tutty is my gr-grandmother's brother.  He was born May 23, 1858 in Co Wicklow to William Tutty and Eliza (Smith?).  He was a chemist, and co owner of Joplin Foundry Company.

He came back to Ireland to bring his widowed sister (Sarah Maria Tutty Valentine) and her children to live with him in Joplin, Missouri, USA.

All of her children except my grandmother eventually made it back to Ireland (Sarah died at Mayo Clinic in the US).  The descendants still own the family home, Leamore Park, Newcastle, Co Wicklow.

Edward is buried along with his sister Sarah in Joplin.  He never married and had no children.

How are you related to Edward?

Offline tom-dick

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Thursday 21 September 17 01:59 BST (UK) »
hello gwen,sorry about the delay in getting back to you.we were researching tithes on my mothers side,they were from Baltinglass area and I have been told that the connection to the Tuttys in newcastle was slim.My great grandparents were both Tuttys from different Tutty families.My fathers side also had Tuttys in his family.They were from Templerainey,Arklow and Avoca,CO.Wicklow.We thought that your Edward might have been related to them.But not sure now.My great grandfather was William Tutty.b 1830,son of Edward Tutty.William MARRIED Catherine Newe from Avoca,all the children were baptised in Kilbride church and Avoca Catholic church.We think that Williams father was originally from Avoca area.A lot of our Tuttys went to England and America and I am looking at a lot of overseas Tuttys.
I have some deaths from that area which might be related to your Tuttys.
William Tutty d.1874 aged 24,single,present at death William Tutty from Blackditch,district Ashford
Grace Tutty d.1886 aged 65,schoolmasters wife,present at death,Matthew Tutty,husband from Newcastle
William Tutty d.1879 aged 74,farmer,present at death,John Tutty,Knockaquirk,Wicklow.
Thomas Tutty d.1868 aged 49,labourer,present at death,Anne Kinsella,Knockicheen,Newcastle
Matthew Tutty d.1907 aged 95,retired schoolmaster,present at death,William Tutty,Kilpedder,Newcastle.
At some place they are all connected,a slow process.tom