Author Topic: Potts Family c1910/1915  (Read 1256 times)

Offline Neill Richard Potts

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Potts Family c1910/1915
« on: Thursday 24 August 17 12:02 BST (UK) »
This is a photo of my 2nd great grandfather and grandmother and family in Beverley, East Yorkshire.

I don't have the original of this so unfortunately this is the best photo of them I have. Can it be improved in anyway?

Would it be possible to add colour to them? I'd love to see what they may have looked like in colour.

Many thanks.

Neill

Offline Handypandy

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Potts Family c1910/1915
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 24 August 17 22:53 BST (UK) »
One from me...

Offline Trishanne

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 25 August 17 16:44 BST (UK) »
Here they are in colour
Pat
Bownass - Lancashire & Westmorland
Hoggarth - Lancashire & Westmorland
Jackson- Lancaster
Waller - Dent, Yorkshire dales
Omerod - Lancashire
Redburn - Lancashire
Evans - Hereford

RESTORERS please do not use my restores without my permission THANK YOU

Online Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 25 August 17 21:19 BST (UK) »
Nice work Pat and Andy...I can't join in at the moment but as I live about 20 Minutes from the lovely historic market town of Beverley I just had to say what a lovely photo Neill.
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Online loord74

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 26 August 17 09:28 BST (UK) »
My Try

Offline McGroger

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Convicts, Commoners and Outlaws
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 26 August 17 09:53 BST (UK) »
Another couple. Cheers, Peter.
Convicts: COSIER (1791); LEADBEATER (1791); SINGLETON (& PARKINSON) (1792); STROUD (1793); BARNES (aka SYDNEY) (1800); DAVIS (1804); CLARK (1806); TYLER (1810); COWEN (1818); ADAMS[ON] (1821); SMITH (1827); WHYBURN (1827); HARBORNE (1828).
Commoners: DOUGAN (1844); FORD (1849); JOHNSTON (1850); BEATTIE (& LONG) (1856); BRICKLEY (1883).
Outlaws: MCGREGOR (1883) & ass. clans, Glasgow, Glenquaich, Glenalmond and Glengyle.

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 21 September 17 03:37 BST (UK) »
Many thanks everyone for the touchups/ colouring etc ... they are excellent.

Sorry I've not replied before now but Windows 10 Mail hates my Karoo email and has been hiding my emails away and loosing them and I've never received updates to say you'd polished the photo off ... I've now dumped Windows 10 Mail and started to use Mozilla Thunderbird to deal with my emails and it allows me to download my Karoo emails and Gmail emails simultaneously ... such a simple application which is free to download and install so why do Microsoft make life so awkward?

Again many thanks.

Neill

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 21 September 17 04:18 BST (UK) »
Nice work Pat and Andy...I can't join in at the moment but as I live about 20 Minutes from the lovely historic market town of Beverley I just had to say what a lovely photo Neill.
Carol

Many thanks for your kind words Carol. The photo was taken (approx 1910) at the rear of the Potts Family home at 40 Norwood, Beverley (Opposite Durham Ox and Beverley High School on the other side of the road). I remember their home been "Holderness Plough" in the 1970's which sold farming machinery and lawn mowers etc ... nowadays "Roberts and Speight Wine Merchants" occupy the building.

My 2nd great grandfather was a Master Builder and undertook a large number of building projects in and around Beverley. Amongst them he built the Methodist Chapel on Norwood and the Chapel on Lord Robert's Road which is now the East Riding Theatre and the old Register Office to the side of County Hall which faces the Beverley Library and the older houses along the north side of Dog and Duck Lane (off Saturday Market) where my father was born and my grandparents lived.

Some people will still remember Les Potts from Dog and Duck Lane where he kept his racing pigeons which used to be a common sight circling the Saturday Market and leaving their mark on people, cars, buses, you name it ... if the pigeons could see them then they were targeted with copious amounts of droppings! Happy days !?!

Going further back my 3rd great grandfather was a Master Cooper in Beverley and my 4th great grandfather was a Master Ships Sail and Rope maker in Hull. I hope to shortly upload some older family photo's for touch up going back to the mid/late 1800's .... which I hope will be as interesting to this Forum.

Regards

Neill