Author Topic: long shot with photo  (Read 845 times)

Offline clwyd2

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
long shot with photo
« on: Friday 25 August 17 00:39 BST (UK) »
Been looking through old family photos and often wondered who is the person on the right of my mother who died in 1953 ,just a thought if anyone could identify that person as part their family tree.
My mother was born Daisie Boulter in Liverpool in Jan 1916 her friend I think was probably also from the area and a similar age.There is a name that comes to mind which is E Fearon it is likely she is deceased as my mother would have been over 100yrs old at present and E F was about the same age.
I have looked on Lancs BMD under births and marriages  but couldn't find any entries under the Christian name  which is Ethel but that may not have been her first name
or she wasn't born in Lancs at all which makes it into even more of a needle in a haystack.My other thought it may not even be E Fearon I have a photo of her riding a horse but is taken from the rear so I can't compare photos. clwyd2

Offline Blue70

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: long shot with photo
« Reply #1 on: Friday 25 August 17 00:53 BST (UK) »
Could it have been Eileen E Fearon died in Liverpool North registration district in 1968 aged 52 years (born about 1916)?

Blue

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 25 August 17 06:25 BST (UK) »
Eileen Mills married Robert Fearon 1938 in Bootle ,Liverpool  I will see if there is an Eileen E Mills born 1914-1917.
1915 in Camberwell
1916 in Southwark
1916 in Guilford
maybe make a note of them just in case
oakes,liverpool..neston..backford..poulton cum spittal(bebington)middlewich,cheshire......   sacht,helgoland  .......merrick,herefordshire adams,shropshire...tipping..ellis..  jones,garston,liverpool..hartley.dunham massey..barker. salford

Offline Marj

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 25 August 17 15:07 BST (UK) »
Maybe she could have been older than your mum.

Ethel D Fearon died 1940 Prescot aged 35

Ethel Doris Mellor b. 1905 Toxteth Park,

Ethel D Mellor married Robert E Fearon 1929 Liverpool

Marj
Census information Crown Copyright from
www.nationalarchives.gov.uk.

Moran, Healey, Gouldbourn, Drury

Offline clwyd2

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 26 August 17 00:54 BST (UK) »
Maybe she could have been older than your mum.

Ethel D Fearon died 1940 Prescot aged 35

Ethel Doris Mellor b. 1905 Toxteth Park,

Ethel D Mellor married Robert E Fearon 1929 Liverpool

Marj thanks Marj I don't think there was 11yrs between them from looking at photo, my Mum was going out with my Dad while he was at Bangor University and I have photos taken around that time in North wales they married in 1935 in Liverpool Mum was 19yrs  Dad 23yrs and probably just finished at Uni, Ethel was one of their group of friends.I have a photo of Mum at the university Hostel in Bangor before she Dad married and looks about the same age as in photo I posted.My family lived in wavertree area where my Mum ran a dancing school.Thanks to all for your input my original thought was Ethel Fearon was her maiden name as she was a friend of Mum when she was a teenager.Cheers  clwyd2.

Offline Barbara.H

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 26 August 17 01:12 BST (UK) »
Might Ethel be a bit younger than your mum?
There is a death registration for an Ethel May Fearon, born 10 July 1919, died December 1979, Liverpool.
There is also a probate record for Ethel May Fearon that gives an address 138 Hartsbourne Heights, Liverpool.

There are a couple of marriages, Ethel M McMillan to James H Fearon, Liverpool 1941, and Ethel M Simpson to William F B Fearon, Liverpool 1938 (I wrote this before seeing your post about Fearon being a likely maiden surname)

:) Barbara
LANCS:  Greenwood, Greenhalgh, Fishwick, Berry,
CHES/DERBYS:  Vernon
YORKS/LINCS: Watson, Stamford, Bartholomew,
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Marj

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 26 August 17 11:45 BST (UK) »
Hi,

As you mentioned there are no births on freebmd in lancs, a possibility she could have been from Wales and at the university.

how about this one

Ethel W Frowen b. 1915 Bedwelty.

she married   Harry M Mackenzie in Bedwelty 1932.

Familysearch has her birth 9/2/1915 death May 1992 Myrthyr Tydfill

Marj

Census information Crown Copyright from
www.nationalarchives.gov.uk.

Moran, Healey, Gouldbourn, Drury