Author Topic: Toole / O'Toole In London  (Read 1159 times)

Offline Cai Thomas

• RootsChat Member
  • Here to research Wolley, Toole, Thomas, Hemmens
    • View Profile
Toole / O'Toole In London
« on: Friday 25 August 17 13:55 BST (UK) »
Hey all, Can anyone help me identify the mother and father of James Frederick Toole and John Toole.

James Frederick Toole
1796–1847

BIRTH 9 JAN 1796 • Aldgate, Middlesex, England St Botolph Without Aldgate
DEATH 31 JAN 1847 • 17 Devonshire Street, Bishopsgate, Southwark, London, Surrey, England
MARRIAGE 6 SEP 1818 6 Sep 1818 • Saint Mary,Newington,Surrey,England (Elizabeth Bertout)

John Toole
1801–1838

BIRTH 1801 • Devon, England, United Kingdom
DEATH 5TH MARCH 1838 • Devonshire Street St Botolph, Bishopsgate, London, Middlesex
MARRIAGE 6 Jul 1824 • St Anne Soho, Westminister, Middlesex, England (Anne Trist1799-1878)

John's wife moved in with James after John's death. THis is on the 1841 Census.

It is very strange that they are born so far apart, but this is what all of the documentation suggests.
We have 100s of articles on James F Toole as he was a famous toastmaster, but there seems to be nothing on his early years.

We presume their mum and dad came from Ireland, but that is it.

One older family tree suggests the dad came from Antrim, Norther Ireland, but there is no proof on this.
Wolley (London, Middlesex), Toole (London & Kings Langley hertfordshire, Bertout, Dadge, Griffiths, Worsley (Lancashire), Lewis & Tift (Lancashire), Mapstone/Mabston/Mapston

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
Re: Toole / O'Toole In London
« Reply #1 on: Friday 25 August 17 15:03 BST (UK) »
Where do their place of births come from.  They were only born 5 years apart, maybe there were other children in between
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Cai Thomas

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 25 August 17 15:05 BST (UK) »
Hey,

Their DOBs come from census records.

Please find attached a screenshot of their profile pages. (no copies of documents are visible)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1utywknd68tnli4/James%20Frederick%20Toole%20%20%20Facts.png?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/puzbqimijmjprpb/John%20Toole%20%20%20Facts.png?dl=0
Wolley (London, Middlesex), Toole (London & Kings Langley hertfordshire, Bertout, Dadge, Griffiths, Worsley (Lancashire), Lewis & Tift (Lancashire), Mapstone/Mabston/Mapston

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 25 August 17 15:08 BST (UK) »
Sorry, it is the place of birth I was querying. 

Offline Cai Thomas

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 25 August 17 15:11 BST (UK) »

Sorry my mistake, again from census records. I can screenshot the part of the document that states the places of birth if that would be useful? (not the full document)

Offline Cai Thomas

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 25 August 17 15:15 BST (UK) »

Sorry my mistake, again from census records. I can screenshot the part of the document that states the places of birth if that would be useful? (not the full document)

My mistake, the DOB comes from the census, the place of birth is from a hint. But the DOB has been confirmed by around 8 sources.

So the POB maybe wrong for J F Toole

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 25 August 17 15:17 BST (UK) »
John was dead before Census. 

James was living Devonshire Street, St Botolph Without Bishopsgate and says he was born in the County.

Sorry but I don't click links as they have a habit of downloading to my computer  ;)

Offline Cai Thomas

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Friday 25 August 17 15:19 BST (UK) »
John was dead before Census. 

James was living Devonshire Street, St Botolph Without Bishopsgate and says he was born in the County.

Sorry but I don't click links as they have a habit of downloading to my computer  ;)

Of course, sorry here are the images

Offline Cai Thomas

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Friday 25 August 17 15:20 BST (UK) »
I have just looked back and the place of birth for James is wrong. The DOB is correct (8 sources), but POB was from a previous line.