Author Topic: Lord Warden - Chatham Barracks troops to India  (Read 313 times)

Offline KGarrad

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Lord Warden - Chatham Barracks troops to India
« Reply #9 on: Monday 28 August 17 08:35 BST (UK) »
Try searching the database on FIBIS (Families in British India Society - www.fibis.org).
Garrad (Suffolk, Essex, Somerset), Crocker (Somerset), Vanstone (Devon, Jersey), Sims (Wiltshire), Bridger (Kent)

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Online MaxD

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Lord Warden - Chatham Barracks troops to India
« Reply #10 on: Monday 28 August 17 09:25 BST (UK) »
Wendy

It's a pleasure.  While I'm not sure what other records you are looking for, given the date of the parents marriage (1858 is the year the Brits via the Government of India took over control of British assets from the East India Company (EIC)) my suggestion would be that the EIC records are a place worth looking at.  I'd suggest that Thomas was an employee of the EIC before 1858 and then the Council of India afterwards?  There are some on line, also link here http://www.bl.uk/reshelp/findhelpregion/asia/india/indiaofficerecords/indiaofficehub.html

MaxD
Double  Essex/Suffolk
Randle/Millington Warwicks
Sokser/Klingler Austria/Croatia

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.