Author Topic: Gertrude Mary MARRIOTT: South Normanton 1855  (Read 453 times)

Offline Newfloridian

• RootsChat Veteran
  • MENE INTUS ET IN CUTE NOVISTI
    • View Profile
Gertrude Mary MARRIOTT: South Normanton 1855
« on: Saturday 26 August 17 08:59 BST (UK) »
I'm trying to untangle another of these South Normanton Gordian knots!

Gertrude Marriott was born in the Mansfield district (7b 51 JFM 1855) - no mother's maiden name. The 1861 census (RG9/2425 64 5) shows the 6 year old Gertrude living with her widowed grandmother Ann (Turner) Marriott, alongside 2 year old grandson Richard.

Ann Marriott had two (probably twin) daughters - Elizabeth and Hannah - both still at home and both still unmarried. My question is: do Ann's grandchildren belong to one or both of these daughters? and if so which!

Gertrude is also a curiosity. In 1873 she married into another family of interest - Mark Calladine. After his death, Gertrude remarried - to William Marriott. I'm still looking to establish if Gertrude and William shared a blood relationship.

Maybe it will need another trip to the GRO but any thoughts would be a help.

Alan
Leicester / Northampton: Craxford,  Claypole, Pridmore, Pollard, Tansley, Crane, Tilley
Derby: Naylor, Ball, Haywood
Buckinghamshire: Cook
London: Craxford, Lane Crauford
Tyneside: Nessworthy, Simpson

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Newfloridian

• RootsChat Veteran
  • MENE INTUS ET IN CUTE NOVISTI
    • View Profile
Re: Gertrude Mary MARRIOTT: South Normanton 1855
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 26 August 17 09:57 BST (UK) »
I guess I have answered my own question!

Gertrude Mary belonged to Hannah; Richard William belonged to Elizabeth

Now all I have to figure out is: who were the parents of the William Marriott (born 1855 Riddings / South Normanton) that Gertrude Mary (Marriott) Calladine ultimately married!

Alan
Leicester / Northampton: Craxford,  Claypole, Pridmore, Pollard, Tansley, Crane, Tilley
Derby: Naylor, Ball, Haywood
Buckinghamshire: Cook
London: Craxford, Lane Crauford
Tyneside: Nessworthy, Simpson

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.