Author Topic: Help with marriage record McCallum / Stewart early 1900's  (Read 881 times)

Offline jaamac

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Help with marriage record McCallum / Stewart early 1900's
« on: Saturday 26 August 17 19:30 BST (UK) »
My grandmother had FIVE cousins called Christina, FOUR of which had the surname McCallum, all born within 10 years of one another. I have been successful in finding out quite a lot about three of them, one is proving difficult, one still to be started. Christina McCallum 1885-1944, father Duncan McCallum. Present in 1891 census in Argyll aged 6. Present in the Canadian census 1916 alongside husband Hector Stewart, noted as born in Scotland, Hector emigrated in 1910, Christina and three children (Margaret, 10, Duncan, 9 and Hector, 6) in 1911, consistent with Immigration papers. I have not been able to find Hector’s dob and place of birth, nor their marriage date / place. One might assume their marriage was around 1905/6, given Margaret’s age of 10 in 1916. Just no sign of them anywhere. Anyone help? COMPLETED

Offline Millmoor

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Help with marriage record McCallum / Stewart early 1900's
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 26 August 17 19:52 BST (UK) »
On the Scotland's People free search there is a marriage of Hector Stewart and Christina McCallum in 1905 in Campbeltown. The cert.should give you ages and parent's  names.

William
Dent (Haltwhistle and Sacriston), Bell and Jetson (Haltwhistle), Postle, Ward, Longstaff, Purvis, Manners, Parnaby and Hardy (Co. Durham), Kennedy and McRobert (Banffshire), Reid(Bathgate), Watson (Wemyss), Graham (Libberton), Sandilands (Carmichael), Munro (Dingwall)

Offline jaamac

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 26 August 17 19:57 BST (UK) »
Thanks, William, that is probably the right one, but why the blazes didn't it show up when I searched. Gremlins! Much appreciated. I will try again and find it.

Offline jaamac

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 26 August 17 20:28 BST (UK) »
Got it, William, and its the right one. How I missed that I will never know, thanks  for help.
Now on to the next of the five cousins.
J
COMPLETED