Author Topic: Allan Neill Private Royal Army Service Corps service number 224240/ 2202110  (Read 14355 times)

Offline groom

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me aged 3. Tidied up thanks to Wiggy.
    • View Profile
Re: Alan Neill...Help
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 27 August 17 16:53 BST (UK) »
I know her mum had a child with Colson yet to find her but wonder if he went on to marry and have kids they would be my ladies siblings

I'll PM you the name of that child as she was born in 1946, before the marriage to Carl. I can't name her here as she could well still be alive, but you can find her on FreeBMD.
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline groom

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 27 August 17 16:56 BST (UK) »
There is a marriage for this child in Islington in 1966 - also on FreeBMD.

EDIT: following later posts this probably isn't the same person, especially if the family went to America.

Offline Annette7

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Sunday 27 August 17 19:49 BST (UK) »
I'm wondering where the 'Hanalin' in the mothers name was actually Handlin as there is a birth in Scotland 1923 Maybole (Ayrshire) and another in 1928 with same place and if she was illegitimate the later entry could be something to do with 1923 birth.

Also, can you please confirm the Christian name of the father - your topic is headed 'Alan' but you refer to him later as 'Allan'.   If the latter, there are births in Scotland with this name in similar time frame so the father may have been Scottish too.

Annette
Scopes (One-Name Study - Worldwide)
Suffolk - Grist, Knights, Bullenthorpe, Watcham
Scotland - Spence, Horne, Cowan, Moffat
London -  Monk

Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.   Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.   Just walk beside me and be my friend.

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Annette7

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Sunday 27 August 17 20:22 BST (UK) »
There were 2 births for someone with the name you are referring to, groom - one born Sept.1946 with maiden name Milroy in Wandsworth but another with same birth name born Dec.1945 Islington (different mother).  The marriage in Islington probably relates to the child born there 1945.

I note that the man whom Margaret married was named Carl C. Colson - wondering if he was the Carl Clayton Colson born 15/6/1919 Florida who died and buried 1/11/1962 Arlington Cemetery, VA.   I note from FindaGrave that his wife buried with him (she died 25/12/1999 and interred with him 10/7/2000.   She is shown as Marga H. Colson - could this be some corruption of her name?   Her birthdate is given as 19/4/1923 and can't help wondering if this is the birthdate of the Margaret Handli. Milroy born 1923 Maybole, Scotland. 

Annette
Scopes (One-Name Study - Worldwide)
Suffolk - Grist, Knights, Bullenthorpe, Watcham
Scotland - Spence, Horne, Cowan, Moffat
London -  Monk

Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.   Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.   Just walk beside me and be my friend.

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline groom

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Sunday 27 August 17 21:03 BST (UK) »
She is shown as Marga H. Colson - could this be some corruption of her name?   Her birthdate is given as 19/4/1923 and can't help wondering if this is the birthdate of the Margaret Handli. Milroy born 1923 Maybole, Scotland. 

I would think that is the same person, too much of a coincidence for it not to be!

Offline SHUSHIE

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday 29 August 17 09:04 BST (UK) »
There were 2 births for someone with the name you are referring to, groom - one born Sept.1946 with maiden name Milroy in Wandsworth but another with same birth name born Dec.1945 Islington (different mother).  The marriage in Islington probably relates to the child born there 1945.

I note that the man whom Margaret married was named Carl C. Colson - wondering if he was the Carl Clayton Colson born 15/6/1919 Florida who died and buried 1/11/1962 Arlington Cemetery, VA.   I note from FindaGrave that his wife buried with him (she died 25/12/1999 and interred with him 10/7/2000.   She is shown as Marga H. Colson - could this be some corruption of her name?   Her birthdate is given as 19/4/1923 and can't help wondering if this is the birthdate of the Margaret Handli. Milroy born 1923 Maybole, Scotland. 

Annette
It looks like the same people it is too much of a coincident  thanks for that .....
Buckley Loveridge Upton Lee Harris Miller Wilson Foster Burnside Fury

Offline SHUSHIE

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday 29 August 17 09:08 BST (UK) »
I'm wondering where the 'Hanalin' in the mothers name was actually Handlin as there is a birth in Scotland 1923 Maybole (Ayrshire) and another in 1928 with same place and if she was illegitimate the later entry could be something to do with 1923 birth.

Also, can you please confirm the Christian name of the father - your topic is headed 'Alan' but you refer to him later as 'Allan'.   If the latter, there are births in Scotland with this name in similar time frame so the father may have been Scottish too.

Annette
No Sorry It is Allan with 2 LLs

Offline SHUSHIE

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Allan Neill...Help
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday 29 August 17 09:09 BST (UK) »
I know her mum had a child with Colson yet to find her but wonder if he went on to marry and have kids they would be my ladies siblings

I'll PM you the name of that child as she was born in 1946, before the marriage to Carl. I can't name her here as she could well still be alive, but you can find her on FreeBMD.

Offline SHUSHIE

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Wednesday 30 August 17 15:29 BST (UK) »

Annette
  Hi Just wondering why she was Interred with him 7 months later? could she have died somewhere else and transferred there ? I have noticed this a war cemetery and the time he died around Vietnam war? also how easy would it be to get a death cert for Margaret with it being USA and I am in UK? I am hoping the death cert would have next of kin who buried her on it But I am not sure never dealt with USA deaths before any ideas? TIA