Author Topic: Bothal Burials, period 1914-1953  (Read 751 times)

Online Tickettyboo

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Bothal Burials, period 1914-1953
« on: Sunday 27 August 17 08:37 BST (UK) »
According to their Parish Register lists, Woodhorn have burials at Bothal for the period 1678-1981
(though I have known the dates on these listings to be wrong before).

I think its highly possible that 6 of my twiglets were buried there between 1914 - 1953 but I only have exact death dates for 2 of them - and for these two the death announcements do say they were to be interred at Bothal. 

Can anyone tell me if Woodhorn (or anywhere else) has a transcribed index to the burial registers for the relevant period ? If I can confirm they were buried at Bothal and the date of burial I can get copies of the burial records from Woodhorn at a reasonable cost. If not then it falls into the category of 'research request' and the fees (though comparable with other archives) go way outside my budget.

The four names I am looking for are
MAVIN
- Joseph Robert (d Q4 1914, age 93)
- Joseph (d Q 4 1937, age 87)
- Elizabeth M (Morton or Murton) (d Q4 1953, age 90)

ARNOTT
- Alexander (d Q3 1916, age 55)

I am not asking anyone to trawl through an entire quarter of a microfilm for each of the names, that would take quite some time, but if there is an easily accessed index to names on a shelf somewhere then I'd appreciate it if someone has the time to look.

Boo

Online emeltom

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Bothal Burials, period 1914-1953
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 27 August 17 16:17 BST (UK) »
The burials of Joseph Robert and Joseph Mavin and also Alexander Arnott are on FreeReg, so that only leaves Elizabeth to find.

Emeltom

www.freereg.org.uk
Smith Tiplady Boulton Branthwaite King Miller Woolfall Bretherton Archer and many more

Online Tickettyboo

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 27 August 17 16:44 BST (UK) »
Hanging my head in shame here, no idea why I didn't think to look at free reg - apart from I suppose I assumed they'd be too recent.

Thank you ! yep now I have actually looked, all 3 are in there :-) and given the details on Free Reg I can order copies for an affordable fee

So I only have to track down Elizabeth M Mavin who died in 1953.

Boo

Online emeltom

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 27 August 17 19:13 BST (UK) »
Looking on FreeReg at their transcriptions for Bothal it implies that 1953 has been transcribed so it is possible she wasn't buried there.

Emeltom
Smith Tiplady Boulton Branthwaite King Miller Woolfall Bretherton Archer and many more

Online Tickettyboo

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 27 August 17 20:29 BST (UK) »
Thanks, yes its possible, but I can only work forwards from where I last saw her and that was in 1939 in Bothal. From what you say, its looking unlikely that she was buried there so I'll start looking at nieces and nephews  (she was the last of her siblings to die and she didn't marry) to see where they were and perhaps I'll find her by that route.

Thanks for the help

Boo