Author Topic: Confused about a date of death for Arthur George Aylott  (Read 2714 times)

Offline Glen in Tinsel Kni

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Scottish Borders
    • View Profile
Re: Confused about a date of death for Arthur George Aylott
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 28 September 17 20:28 BST (UK) »
From freereg

Gainsborough Holy Trinity
Burial date   13 Apr 1932
Person age   74
Arthur George AYLOTT
abode   Cartherine Place

Free search of 1939 register for Gainsborough UD has only one entry - Sarah J Aylott bn 1873

That would tie in with this couple in 1911
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:X7YD-Z87

Probably this marriage
Sep qtr 1910   
AYLOTT    Arthur G       
Skellett    Sarah J       
Lincoln    7a   1245

Service carried out at Holy Trinity Church, interment, plus another burial in the general cemetery

Interment Details

Authority 
Gainsborough
Cemetery 
Gainsborough General Cemetery
Grave reference 
ACO /3392

AYLOTT, SARAH JANE
09 June 1943, age 70, widow, address 11 Britannia Cottages

AYLOTT, ARTHUR GEORGE
13 April 1932

Aged 74, Abode for George is 12 Catherine Place, engineer

Offline BUZZ

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Saturday 30 September 17 10:18 BST (UK) »
Thank you Glen for your reply.

There is something that doesn't add up with this couple.

On the 1911 census where it states how many years have they been married there is a question mark, if you've only been married for one year you're not going to forget that and then they put that they have had five children only two are still living.

The Arthur George Aylott that I'm trying to trace, his second wife Sarah Elizabeth dies in 1907 in West Ham, if he is the correct person and meets Sarah Jane straight away it would be a tall order to have five children in four years before the 1911 census.

Also the children would be very young why are they not living with their parents especially if you have lost three children.

If this is the correct Arthur was he leading a double life.

If this is the Arthur I'm trying to trace why did his daughter Ada state on her marriage certificate in 1918 that her father had died, had they lost contact and she assumed he had died.

And last of all when Sarah Elizabeth Aylott dies in1907 in West Ham there are two other people who die with the surname Aylott( not a common name) in the same quarter one being a Arthur George Aylott was there some family tragedy.

I'm puzzled buzz

Offline medpat

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Saturday 30 September 17 10:35 BST (UK) »
Perhaps he was just confused about which marriage to put in due to the question about children as he had them from his first marriage.

I have found on a second marriage that sometimes children from the first marriage end up with relatives, usually grandparents .
GEDmatch M157477

Offline Glen in Tinsel Kni

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Scottish Borders
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Saturday 30 September 17 11:46 BST (UK) »
The old family mysteries eh. My birth father had several children to different women and not long after I came along left my mother and took up with another woman, for some reason they both changed their names by deed poll and a few months later married. I'll never know why the name change went through or how she made an "honest" man of him, maybe he thought 15+ kids was enough.

In an odd coincidence to your query I was adopted by a couple and lived just a hundred yards from Holy Trinity in Gainsborough, my avatar pic taken in the back yard of the house almost overlooked by the church.