Author Topic: printing family tree with Family Tree Maker 2006  (Read 1889 times)

Offline mike175

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: printing family tree with Family Tree Maker 2006
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 29 August 17 19:36 BST (UK) »
... The only program which can guarantee not splitting words over pages is TreeDraw, because every element is addressable so can be moved away from page edges.

The same applies to charts produced in RootsMagic, and probably several other genealogy programs  ;)

There are many ways to skin a cat (although I hasten to add I've never tried any of them  ;D ) but if you want a really neat printout to put on the wall you might be better using one of the online family tree chart printers who will put the whole lot on one large sheet if you upload a file in the appropriate format.

Mike.
Baskervill - Devon, Foss - Hants, Gentry - Essex, Metherell - Devon, Partridge - Essex/London, Press - Norfolk/London, Stone - Surrey/Sussex, Stuttle - Essex/London, Wheate - Middlesex/Essex/Coventry/Oxfordshire/Staffs, Gibson - Essex, Wyatt - Essex/Kent

Offline dawnsh

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 29 August 17 20:41 BST (UK) »
or contact your local print shop and ask if they print architects (or similar) drawings on a large printer

My local branch of this company does (not an endorsement, there are other brands), you supply your tree as a pdf on a usb stick

https://www.minutemanpress.co.uk/

Most probably cheaper than buying one of these

https://www.epson.co.uk/products/printers/large-format-printers
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Sherry-Paddington & Marylebone,
Longhurst-Ealing & Capel, Abinger, Ewhurst & Ockley,
Chandler-Chelsea

Offline GrahamH

• RootsChat Veteran
  • www.gjh.me.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 30 August 17 07:40 BST (UK) »
The same applies to charts produced in RootsMagic, and probably several other genealogy programs  ;)

Good. I haven't used RootsMagic for some years but it wasn't as versatile as TreeDraw then. The norm for FTM &c was for charts to be fixed once drawn from the specified parameters.