Author Topic: Was there a Register Office at Valley Anglesey?  (Read 1484 times)

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Was there a Register Office at Valley Anglesey?
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 29 August 17 22:07 BST (UK) »

Nothing more on the Smiths but I'm not sure what their Romany name was.
This link might be of use:

http://www.valleystream.co.uk/romany-lock.htm

Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Ellenmai

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Was there a Register Office at Valley Anglesey?
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 30 August 17 15:33 BST (UK) »
Thank you all yet again for the wonderful response and research you have done. Dragon T I don't think that family including Harold Denis Boswell, Gerald Ronald & Eliza Dorothy can be the right ones. On the 1911 Census it states John & Eliza have seven children but none of these names are showing also Rona was born 1902 the same year a Eliza Dorothy  ??? The information On Alexander is what I have, plus you have given more detail.
Mabel B That Newspaper article was an excellent find  :)
Gadget that article on Welsh Gypsy's is very good as it seems they did change their name when it suited from Lock to Boswell. Whilst searching the indexes I found a David Lock's Burial in 1854 at Llaniestyn and it states he was otherwise known as Boswell, but I have yet to find out where he fits in with this family.

Ellenmai

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.