Author Topic: Brooks family of Attleborough  (Read 177 times)

Offline xinia

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Brooks family of Attleborough
« on: Tuesday 29 August 17 16:41 BST (UK) »
I think maybe I have finally reached my limit of ....... patience...

this week :)  I am attempting to continue with my York descendants...    ??? ::) :
So I have :

Ann/Hannah born 1832 Shenton, married to Thomas Brooks.

they had 9 children... :)
Well eventually with help on here managed to deal with the eldest Hannah born 1853.
So I am extremely grateful for that.. bless you :) 

So today had hoped to sort more.

Well 5 mins into it and the census returns seem to be telling fibs.. or the something?!

William Brooks born:  1853 Shenton / or Sutton Cheney.  = 1861 and 1871.
Then the 1881
is crazy -- The page that is shown as having him on.. he isn't? and then the next page IS his parents.  So I go a few pages forward and backwards..--- nope.. so I attempt to follow his son:
and view others on page.

And he seems to be the stepson of the Kendall family, but also none of them seem to be listed.

IS IT ME... ??

have I (and don't be afraid to tell me :) :) ) finally lost the plot.

OK not really REALLY asking for help. Just sharing an experience - more than anything. 
So
EXCUSE The totally terrible punctuation ... .... ... , ? (no shouting at me.. I am going through a delicate phase of my life)
  please xxxx

xin

Sutherland, Himsley, Finnie, Robertson Edgar Short  Patrick  Creighton, McCallum,Brown, Henderson, Stark Green, Draycott, Clarke, Yorke, Norris, Haywood, Moore, Argyle, Patrick,Tallack, Hellyar, Pope, Raven, Lobb.. Hook -Smeeton - Heafford - Freeman -Craddock - Crane - Smalley -Ashton Spriggs Swingler cotton riddington York gilbert mattock and more :)

One of the most difficult things to give away is kindness, it is usually returned.

UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nation

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline brentor boy

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Brooks family of Attleborough
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 29 August 17 17:21 BST (UK) »
From Family Search :- 1881 William Brooks 27 married , labourer, born Sutton Cheney, Ann, wife, 26, born Hinckley. Children - John Hy, 4 and  Eliza E age 0, both born Attleborough. Living Freer Street, Nuneaton.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline xinia

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 29 August 17 17:26 BST (UK) »
Oh brilliant thank you :)

xin
Sutherland, Himsley, Finnie, Robertson Edgar Short  Patrick  Creighton, McCallum,Brown, Henderson, Stark Green, Draycott, Clarke, Yorke, Norris, Haywood, Moore, Argyle, Patrick,Tallack, Hellyar, Pope, Raven, Lobb.. Hook -Smeeton - Heafford - Freeman -Craddock - Crane - Smalley -Ashton Spriggs Swingler cotton riddington York gilbert mattock and more :)

One of the most difficult things to give away is kindness, it is usually returned.

Offline xinia

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 29 August 17 18:27 BST (UK) »
Sadly Just found Williams death

He was killed in a Mining accident 1887 Nuneaton..

leaving wife and 5 children.

xin