Author Topic: "Hughes" Looking for history of the late Marie Hughes originated from Liverpool  (Read 925 times)

Offline Julz1211

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
I would love to find any ancestor's of my inlaws late mother Maria Hughes passed away 08/03/16
Sumner , Gaskin, Hill

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Online CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for history of the late Marie Hugh's originated from Liverpool
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 29 August 17 19:58 BST (UK) »
You need to give a lot more information than just her name and birthplace

When was she born?

Who did she marry and when?

Can you confirm her surname - Hugh or Hughes 
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Julz1211

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for history of the late Marie Hugh's originated from Liverpool
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 29 August 17 20:07 BST (UK) »
Sorry carole apologies  : Marie  : surname were Hughes her D.O.B was the 20/10/43
she married an Anthony Hogan
Both born in Liverpool
Sumner , Gaskin, Hill

Offline Girl Guide

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: "Hughes" Looking for history of the late Marie Hughes originated from Liverpool
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 29 August 17 20:56 BST (UK) »
Looks like her birth reg.

Births Dec 1943   
Hughes    Maria    Riley    Liverpool N.    8b   532

Maria rather than Marie

Parents marriage?

Marriages Mar 1938   
Hughes    William E    Riley Helena    Liverpool S.    8b   139

Offline Julz1211

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: "Hughes" Looking for history of the late Marie Hughes originated from Liverpool
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 29 August 17 21:23 BST (UK) »
Looks like her birth reg.

Births Dec 1943   
Hughes    Maria    Riley    Liverpool N.    8b   532

Maria rather than Marie

Parents marriage?

Marriages Mar 1938   
Hughes    William E    Riley Helena    Liverpool S.    8b   139
Hi Girl Guid
So sorry I'm in between asking deseased - daughter's  husband  and he's as useless as me 😳 He's trying to do this sort of on the sneak! As she always wanted to know the history - so he's going to find out off another family member - so I can update the post and it could be Maria it hard for me to understand his accent on the phone. Oh gosh I should defiantly write everything down before I post 🙄 Again "sorry" x
Sumner , Gaskin, Hill

Offline Girl Guide

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 29 August 17 21:34 BST (UK) »
Don't worry about it Julz, it can be hard to understand someone who has a pronounced accent.

William and Helena are on the 1939 with two children.  If you can access it yourself, have a look, it shows a child who I think was a Riley before taking the name Hughes.

Offline jeanc

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 29 August 17 21:54 BST (UK) »
Also at the same address is a Helena Riley born 1880, possible the grandmother of Maria.

Regards.
JeanC

Offline Julz1211

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 29 August 17 22:48 BST (UK) »
Don't worry about it Julz, it can be hard to understand someone who has a pronounced accent.

William and Helena are on the 1939 with two children.  If you can access it yourself, have a look, it shows a child who I think was a Riley before taking the name Hughes.
hi Hun yes he has just confirmed after a while of spelling the name Maria to me 😬That's correct and Riley is a 💯 so that would make that his wife's great grandma 👵🏼 thank you so much 😊 💞
Sumner , Gaskin, Hill

Offline Julz1211

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 29 August 17 22:50 BST (UK) »
Also at the same address is a Helena Riley born 1880, possible the grandmother of Maria.

Regards.

JeanC
Hi Jean
Also correct thank you do much your a ⭐️💞
Sumner , Gaskin, Hill