Author Topic: "Hughes" Looking for history of the late Marie Hughes originated from Liverpool  (Read 2818 times)

Offline Girl Guide

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: "Hughes" Looking for history of the late Marie Hughes originated from Liverpool
« Reply #18 on: Monday 04 September 17 08:49 BST (UK) »
Were you intending to ask about Anthony Hogan who married Maria Hughes in 1962?   Or did you get muddled up with Helena and William who married in 1938?   ???  ???
Ashford: Somerset, London
England: Devon, London, New Zealand
Holdway: Wiltshire
Hooper: Bristol, Somerset
Knowling: Devon, London
Southcott: Devon, China
Strong: Wiltshire
Watson: Cambridgeshire
White: Bristol
Windo - Gloucestershire, Somerset, Wiltshire

Offline Julz1211

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: "Hughes" Looking for history of the late Marie Hughes originated from Liverpool
« Reply #19 on: Monday 23 October 17 11:15 BST (UK) »
Were you intending to ask about Anthony Hogan who married Maria Hughes in 1962?   Or did you get muddled up with Helena and William who married in 1938?   ???  ???
We are going to visit today sorry for late reply I know ***** Hogan’s mother : Maria Hogan born 20/10/1943 : Died : 08/03/2016  So assuming *** Hogans father was called Anthony is that correct?
I will ask more today thank you 😊 xx
Sumner , Gaskin, Hill

Offline Girl Guide

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday 23 October 17 11:31 BST (UK) »
The best way to verify the father's name is to obtain the 1962 marriage certificate.  You cannot assume that he has the same name as his son.

I think you need to sit down and make a note of all the births and marriages that you have found and put them in family and date order.

Buying certificates is the only way to verify that what you have found is correct.  Otherwise you will just get yourself into a muddle over who goes where.

Offline Julz1211

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Monday 23 October 17 12:01 BST (UK) »
The best way to verify the father's name is to obtain the 1962 marriage certificate.  You cannot assume that he has the same name as his son.

I think you need to sit down and make a note of all the births and marriages that you have found and put them in family and date order.

Buying certificates is the only way to verify that what you have found is correct.  Otherwise you will just get yourself into a muddle over who goes where.
Hi yes iv wrote them all down to take to her today as even writing them totally confused me 🤷‍♀️😳 all As I knew from her 100%  mother & father’s marriage was
Anthony Hogan married Maria Hughes in 1962 mmn Riley so she clarified the Riley
The O’neill Then threw me 😰 
Thanks Hun
It’s so hard when your asking for details to help them & they have so little to go by
Thank you xx
Sumner , Gaskin, Hill

Offline Bluemgf1066

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday 01 November 17 08:35 GMT (UK) »

I think you need to sit down and make a note of all the births and marriages that you have found and put them in family

Offline Julz1211

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Monday 06 November 17 11:13 GMT (UK) »
Hi GG
Anthony Hogan born
5/11/1942
Mothers name Mary Jane sarcefield not sure if I spelt his mother’s maiden name is spelt correct!? She told me over the phone and was like Sar-S-field 😳 xx
Hi
Sumner , Gaskin, Hill

Offline Julz1211

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Monday 06 November 17 11:17 GMT (UK) »

Hi again and yes there is a death last year of an Anthony who I think he was 30 ish and also Anthony senior also named his son Anthony Hun
Xx
Sumner , Gaskin, Hill

Offline Girl Guide

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Monday 06 November 17 12:18 GMT (UK) »
Hmm, not seeing any Anthony with a mother's maiden name that bears any similarity to the name of Sarsfield.

Where was the 1942 Anthony Hogan born?  It would help to narrow down the possibilities.

Has this Anthony died and if so do you know when and where?