Author Topic: durham keenan-ethelthwaite  (Read 659 times)

Offline Tracy Johnson

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
durham keenan-ethelthwaite
« on: Tuesday 29 August 17 20:10 BST (UK) »
I am looking for any information about a Mary Keenan, parents George and Mary (nee Ethelthwaite) born in Stockton On Tees circa 1895
Mary arrived in Canada about 1915, but I am not sure if she came to Canada directly or went to the US first. She married John James Hurson in 1919 in Alberta, Canada but was a widow.  Previously married to "Atkins" I've attached her information from the marriage registration.
I have no idea if the marriage to Atkins was before or after leaving the U.K. :-[
I thought with the mother's maiden name "Ethelthwaite" the search would be easy, I thought wrong, I hope someone out there can point me in the right direction. Thank-you
Tracy

Offline crisane

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: durham keenan-ethelthwaite
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 29 August 17 20:56 BST (UK) »
This is wierd
Using the GRO index I can't find any children, male/female born anywhere in England and Wales 1893 +/- 2 with the mother's maiden name Ethelthwaite. I used the variation Keenan and Keenen.
Using FreeBMD I couldn't find a marriage anytime anywhere between a Keenan/Keenen and an Ethelthwaite/Ethelthwate. In fact there were no results in any category for any time for the name Ethelthwaite. The same on ancestry - no results. There was one result for Ethelwaite in 1861 for a John Ethelwaite but that is it.
Others may get better results

Offline Tracy Johnson

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: durham keenan-ethelthwaite
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 29 August 17 21:04 BST (UK) »
Thank you for taking a look, it has been a massive brick-wall that I keep banging my head against.  :-\   sooooo frustrating, but I will keep hitting it, eventually something will give. I hope. Thanks again.