Author Topic: 1851 Census for Alexander Maule  (Read 9013 times)

Offline Revolution

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: 1851 Census for Alexander Maule
« Reply #36 on: Thursday 08 February 18 09:37 GMT (UK) »
Hi Jason

I think Anne in the 1851 census with Ann Harrover and Agnes Lambert?. I have her in the 1841, 1851 and 1871 census

I can see an 'Agnes Hole' with an 'Allexander Maul' in the 1861 census
McGaveston - Dublin-Ireland, France, New Zealand
White - Shalden, Alton, Chawton-Hampshire
O'Donnell - New Zealand, Co Down-Northern Ireland, USA
Franklin/Fraenkel - New Zealand, Prussia
Day - Echuca, Tongala, London, Fairford-Gloucestershire
Clark/McGraw - New Zealand, Ireland, England
McMahon -Ipswich-QLD, Kiladysart-Co Clare
Smith - Ipswich, Pine Mountain, Redbank-QLD, Co Westmeath, Co Cavan-Ireland
McGuire - Redbank - QLD, Co Westmeath-Ireland
Culhane - Queensland, Ardlaghan - Co Limerick

Offline Revolution

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: 1851 Census for Alexander Maule
« Reply #37 on: Monday 29 March 21 00:31 BST (UK) »
Hi all

Ive finally started working on a blog about my Maule family - descendants of John Maule and Janet Sibbett.

For the children of Alexander Maule and Margaret Hall I am missing the the baptisms of Alexander Maule around 1844 and Janet Hall around 1849 but I have the earlier baptisms of their other children. Based on the 1851 census info being wrong for Francis Maule. Alexander Jr marriage certificate name his father as Alexander.

I still haven't confirmed the death of John Maule and Janet Sibbett

There is a John Maule who was buried in on 9 March 1823 in Tillicoultry, Clackmannanshire, Scotland and a Janet Maule buried on 16 Apr 1816 in Tillicoultry, Clackmannanshire, Scotland
There is a John Maule who died in St Cuthberts on 25 Feb 1828 who was a Wright, aged 70.

Ive removed Francis Maule as a sibling to Alexander Maule Sr and given him the parents John Maule and Jean Scotland making his marriage at best to a distant cousin or an entirely unrelated Maule line. It would be good to find a male Maule from that line and YDNA test.

Im still searching for a male descendant of Alexander Maule and Margaret Halls to see if I can find someone who would like to take a YDNA test and prove/disprove the link to other Maule family lines. So far no luck. I would pay for the test.

My cousin paid a researcher (with a good reputation) to do some family history research and the results were interesting. I shared the results with a couple of Maule family historians who also didnt like the information provided. A lot of research has been undertaken previously and time and time again proven to be correct but in this case it was left of center.

Ive paid for the Kirk sessions to be searched for 1741-1760 and 1801-1882. Not a lot of records of the family.

10 April 1814 John McDonald and Jean Maule both of this parish (Clackmannan) irregularly married at Edinburgh on 4 May 1913

I also purchased the baptism record for Robert Maule born 1831. It was not registered until 1852 when his son was registering the baptism of his own son Robert. Robert b 1831 was the illegitimate son of Robert Maule - sheep farmer and Catherine MeikleJohn.
McGaveston - Dublin-Ireland, France, New Zealand
White - Shalden, Alton, Chawton-Hampshire
O'Donnell - New Zealand, Co Down-Northern Ireland, USA
Franklin/Fraenkel - New Zealand, Prussia
Day - Echuca, Tongala, London, Fairford-Gloucestershire
Clark/McGraw - New Zealand, Ireland, England
McMahon -Ipswich-QLD, Kiladysart-Co Clare
Smith - Ipswich, Pine Mountain, Redbank-QLD, Co Westmeath, Co Cavan-Ireland
McGuire - Redbank - QLD, Co Westmeath-Ireland
Culhane - Queensland, Ardlaghan - Co Limerick