Author Topic: Cause of death 1847 Dublin  (Read 709 times)

Offline cristeen

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Cause of death 1847 Dublin
« on: Thursday 31 August 17 17:51 BST (UK) »
Hi there, I have a burial record at St Marks Dublin on 28th February 1847 for Joseph Huddart aged 26 of Maryport (Cumberland) I am not familiar with Irish records in the slightest. Is there any way of obtaining a death certificate/ discovering the cause of death? The family story is that he was a customs officer who drowned. I know he was a mariner on his marriage in 1844 (father John was also a mariner and a John Huddart was captaining a ship called Relief between Maryport and Dublin/ Belfast that year according to shipping news in newspapers of the time)
Thanks in anticipation, Christine :)
Newson, Steavenson, Walker, Taylor, Dobson, Gardner, Clark, Wilson, Smith, Crossland, Goldfinch, Burnett, Hebdon, Peers, Strother, Askew, Bower, Beckwith, Patton, White, Turner, Nelson, Gilpin, Tomlinson, Thompson, Spedding, Wilkes, Carr, Butterfield, Ormandy, Wilkinson, Cocking, Glover, Pennington, Bowker, Kitching, Langhorn, Haworth, Kirkham.

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Cause of death 1847 Dublin
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 31 August 17 17:55 BST (UK) »
Irish civil registration started in 1845 with the recording of non-Catholic marriages and civil weddings held at local register offices.

From 1 January 1864, all births, all marriages and all deaths (bmds) had to be registered. If the bmd you seek dates from before 1845/1864 you will have to seek out the relevant church records.
Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Offline josey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 31 August 17 18:13 BST (UK) »
I found nothing in the Irish newspaper archive at findmypast.
Seeking: RC baptism Philip Murray Feb ish 1814 ? nr Chatham Kent.
IRE: Kik DRAY[EA], PURCELL, WHITE: Mea LYNCH: Tip MURRAY, SHEEDY: Wem ALLEN, ENGLISHBY; Dub PENROSE: Lim DUNN[E], FRAWLEY, WILLIAMS.
87th Regiment RIF: MURRAY
ENG; Marylebone HAYTER, TROU[W]SDALE, WILLIAMS,DUNEVAN Con HAMPTON, TREMELLING Wry CLEGG, HOLLAND, HORSEFIELD Coventry McGINTY
CAN; Halifax & Pictou: HOLLAND, WHITE, WILLIAMSON

Offline dathai

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 01 September 17 11:48 BST (UK) »
not what you are looking for but may be of interest
http://www.rootschat.com/links/01kn6/

Offline cristeen

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 01 September 17 15:46 BST (UK) »
Thank you all. He is not my direct line as such, my 3xg grandmother's first husband, I do like to tie up loose ends where possible, but looks like I will have to let this one lie.
Newson, Steavenson, Walker, Taylor, Dobson, Gardner, Clark, Wilson, Smith, Crossland, Goldfinch, Burnett, Hebdon, Peers, Strother, Askew, Bower, Beckwith, Patton, White, Turner, Nelson, Gilpin, Tomlinson, Thompson, Spedding, Wilkes, Carr, Butterfield, Ormandy, Wilkinson, Cocking, Glover, Pennington, Bowker, Kitching, Langhorn, Haworth, Kirkham.