Author Topic: website?  (Read 1285 times)

Offline boscoe

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
website?
« on: Friday 01 September 17 00:32 BST (UK) »
Hampshire has Weeke Local History of BMD parish listings going back generations. Does Nottinghamshire have any kind of website like that for parish searching?

Offline Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • PASSED & PAST
    • View Profile
Re: website?
« Reply #1 on: Friday 01 September 17 02:46 BST (UK) »
Hi Boscoe,

Sorry I can't help with your request but can you help others with a link please to Weeke BMDs or where/how to find them?

Annie
South Uist, Inverness-shire, Scotland:- Bowie, Campbell, Cumming, Currie

Ireland:- Cullen, Flannigan (Derry), Donahoe/Donaghue (variants) (Cork), McCrate (Tipperary), Mellon, Tol(l)and (Donegal & Tyrone)

Newcastle-on-Tyne/Durham (Northumberland):- Harrison, Jude, Kemp, Lunn, Mellon, Robson, Stirling

Kettering, Northampton:- MacKinnon

Canada:- Callaghan, Cumming, MacPhee

"OLD GENEALOGISTS NEVER DIE - THEY JUST LOSE THEIR CENSUS"

Offline nottsgirl1

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 01 September 17 07:40 BST (UK) »
Hi Boscoe

In a word No but if you google the village or town in Nottinghamshire (ie Bunny parish records which are on line) you may find some, other wise look on Freereg or familysearch.

NG
Branfoot of Leeds; Nall of Nottingham; Wallis of Stapleford Nottinghamshire; Challand of  East Bridgford Notinghamshire: Hall of Fransfield Nottinghamshire;
Morral of Stanton By Dale, Derbyshire;

Offline Colin D Gronow

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Member of the Association of Graveyard Rabbits
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 01 September 17 09:53 BST (UK) »

Offline boscoe

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 01 September 17 19:34 BST (UK) »
Thanks for the advice. Google: Lenton: has a wonderful parish BMD genealogy site, but for me it just circles and says that it takes too long, offering no results.
I'm interested in pre-1800.

Offline nottsgirl1

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 02 September 17 07:49 BST (UK) »
Hi Boscoe,

If you post on here what you are looking for maybe I or some else can help you.  I have a cd with Lenton Baptism's from Aug 1711, marriages from Feb 1540 and burials from Jan 1708 for

NG
Branfoot of Leeds; Nall of Nottingham; Wallis of Stapleford Nottinghamshire; Challand of  East Bridgford Notinghamshire: Hall of Fransfield Nottinghamshire;

Offline boscoe

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: website? #5
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 02 September 17 23:43 BST (UK) »
Thank you for your help. The answer is : anything and everything before 1800. Below is the earliest I have of my great grandfather, George.  Who are William and Mary Jackson, for example?
[WORD doesn't transfer well.]

The first evidence of this family is in Nottinghamshire, Lenton, Bestwood Parish are William and Mary Jackson. They were the parents had William baptized at St. Firmin Church, Thurlby. Son William spent his life in agricultural labor, tethered to Lenton for half a century. Married to  Sarah Hall, the couple raised eleven children, all baptized at Arnold St. Mary in Lenton (Rtc: parish records). One parent in this marriage, I suspect, had an ancestor carrying Mongolian blood between 1660-1690. In Europe, “Mongolian” after the 1200s means a tribal infusion such as Turkic, Tartar, Uralic, etc., completed in eastern and central Europe (DNA: 23andme; Wikipedia).

p. 71

William Jackson   b. May 29, 1807     Lenton, Bestwood Park Parish, Notts
         d. Aug 21, 1859           (same)
     w. Sarah Hall   b. 1806           Bulwell, Notts
         m. May 16, 1826
         d. 
   Mary Ann   b.  1827              Lenton, Bestwood, Notts
   Eliza      b.  1829              (same)
   Hannah (Nan)   b.  1831              (same)
   George
Edmund    b.  1835    d. 1836           (same)
Elizabeth    b.  1837    d. 1870           (same)
William    b.  1839    d. 1870           (same)
Thomas    b.  1844    d. 1846
John        b. 1846              (same)
Charles     b. 1846              (same)
Theresa     b. 1849              (same)

George Jackson     b. 1833              (same)
           d.  Apr 17, 1917  Plaistow Green, Dby (postcard; Rtc)

Offline nottsgirl1

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sunday 03 September 17 10:39 BST (UK) »
Hi Boscoe,

First Lenton and Arnold are 2 different parish's about 6 Miles apart, your Jackson family did not live in Lenton but in Bestwood Park next to Arnold.  So if I were you I would forget about looking in Lenton.

Now looking at the 1851 census William was born in  Thoresby but did he mean Thurlby? where you have him christened, have you found any siblings?.  If I was you I would look in Lincolnshire around those two parish for the marriage of William and Mary.

NG

Offline boscoe

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Sunday 03 September 17 21:48 BST (UK) »
OK. Thanks. I'll see what Lincolnshire has. And, I'll mention it to a 3rd cousin living in British Columbia. She's the last Jackson I know of personally and has worked on her genealogy for a some time. Sadly, when your initial response arrived here, she wrote me that she now had pancreatic cancer. She contacted me initially ten years ago stumbling over "brother" even in obituaries of her grandfather. I had concluded "illegitimate son," of George Jackson's, [1833, our common relative] first daughter, verified by my mother in the mid-80's before her death. It's so sad being dishonest generations later. I have a friend, Joan age 60, who spent years on her genealogy, then had a DNA, notified her half-sisters, was rejected as a liar, verified illegitimate by an aged aunt, was accepted, and flew to her sisters' this summer for a marvelous week together.  So goes it. :)