Author Topic: Alice Jones b circa 1798  (Read 1755 times)

Offline Blueboy007

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Alice Jones b circa 1798
« on: Friday 01 September 17 21:01 BST (UK) »
I am trying to find the family of my 3  x great grandmother, an Alice Jones, who was born around 1795 to 1798.

She married an Edward Turner on 23rd May 1817 in Ruthin. According to the 1851 Census she was born in Flintshire, the 1861 Census records her birthplace as Holywell, Flintshire. She died in 1865. There is a possible baptism for Alice in Northop, Flintshire on 10th August 1796.

In the 1841 census she was a visitor to a house in Denio, Pwllheli. The residents here were an Ann Jones, born circa 1781, a Flour Dealer, a Catherine Jones, born circa 1816 and a John Davies, born circa 1821, a Painter. I am making the assumption, dangerous I know, that these Jones are relatives of Alice.

I am trying to find a way of connecting these Jones's to Alice.

I have found an Ann Jones, born circa 1781, a Baker, in Clwydd Street, Ruthin, close to where Alice was living with Edward Turner in Ruthin, in the 1851 Census. Would someone who was a Flour Dealer in 1841 likely to be a Baker in 1861? A Robert Jones, son of Ann, is also here.

Any thoughts and suggestions would be greatly appreciated,

Stephen
Turner - Caernarvonshire, Denbigshire, Merionethshire, Shropshire & Staffordshire
Craig - Glasgow and Co. Antrim
Evans - Merionethshire & Caernarvonshire
Williams - Caernarvonshire & Merionethshire
Neeson - Co. Antrim
McCormick - Glasgow
Costello - Glasgow