Author Topic: SP - saving long wills  (Read 1202 times)

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
SP - saving long wills
« on: Saturday 02 September 17 09:26 BST (UK) »
I have found a long will of circa 40 pages that I want to download/save. I'm sure that it was possible to save the whole will as a pdf under the old regime. Now it seems that the Save option only allows saving one page at a time. 

Have I missed some instructions somewhere or is it on their 'to do' list  :-\

Gadget
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline carlineric

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: SP - saving long wills
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 02 September 17 09:58 BST (UK) »
This is yet another thing that was possible on the old site but not not on the new site. They are apparently looking into the matter.

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 02 September 17 12:41 BST (UK) »
Thanks for reply. I had thought it might be a 'we are working on it'. Pity, they seem to have been working on it for a while now. I don't think it would take much coding - more or less justgroup and  convert n number of pages to pdf  :-\

Oh well - will just have to find a time when the site is fast and do a one at a time download - in this day and age  ::) ::) ::)

They are so good at customer service but I'm not at all impressed with this aspect of the new site.

Gadget
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

Offline Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • PASSED & PAST
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 02 September 17 13:43 BST (UK) »
They are so good at customer service but I'm not at all impressed with this aspect of the new site.

Gadget,

I'm sure I recall when (having viewed an image) it automatically saved it for you unless of course you wanted to download to comp but now we have to manually save it.

I also recall when having checked certs. by name we could revert back by inputting an area to bring up a list of all your viewed images for that surname in that area but that is no longer an option either.

Not to mention the option for marriages where you can input both surnames but it doesn't work unless you only input one surname.

Quite a few things I notice are soooo different & certainly not an improvement.....rant over  ::)

Annie
South Uist, Inverness-shire, Scotland:- Bowie, Campbell, Cumming, Currie

Ireland:- Cullen, Flannigan (Derry), Donahoe/Donaghue (variants) (Cork), McCrate (Tipperary), Mellon, Tol(l)and (Donegal & Tyrone)

Newcastle-on-Tyne/Durham (Northumberland):- Harrison, Jude, Kemp, Lunn, Mellon, Robson, Stirling

Kettering, Northampton:- MacKinnon

Canada:- Callaghan, Cumming, MacPhee

"OLD GENEALOGISTS NEVER DIE - THEY JUST LOSE THEIR CENSUS"

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 02 September 17 14:29 BST (UK) »
Yep  - It was the save/download to my computer that I was inquiring about. No prob with the normal SP image save on the site. It still does that automatically.

I've got 1859 images saved there going back to 2003  ;D

PS - I hate to think how much that cost - mainly in the days when initial searches cost as well  :-X

Offline Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • PASSED & PAST
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 02 September 17 17:37 BST (UK) »
It was the save/download to my computer that I was inquiring about.

I'm almost sure it downloaded the entire pages for wills but unlike you I have never had one with more than 2/3 pages :-\

I've got 1859 images saved there going back to 2003  ;D

I hate to think how much that cost  :-X

I suggest you don't even think about that  ;D

Another one is the marriages....used to give both names on the top of the cert. but now only one name appears.

I have just revisited one I downloaded to my comp (a possible at the time & still is although probably unlikely) but viewing it again the forename of the bride is undecipherable i.e. if it had been the new version I would have had to go back to SP index to find that info. if I hadn't saved it with both forenames & surnames ::)

Annie
South Uist, Inverness-shire, Scotland:- Bowie, Campbell, Cumming, Currie

Ireland:- Cullen, Flannigan (Derry), Donahoe/Donaghue (variants) (Cork), McCrate (Tipperary), Mellon, Tol(l)and (Donegal & Tyrone)

Newcastle-on-Tyne/Durham (Northumberland):- Harrison, Jude, Kemp, Lunn, Mellon, Robson, Stirling

Kettering, Northampton:- MacKinnon

Canada:- Callaghan, Cumming, MacPhee

"OLD GENEALOGISTS NEVER DIE - THEY JUST LOSE THEIR CENSUS"

Offline carolineasb

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 03 September 17 09:28 BST (UK) »
I'm also pretty certain that you used to be able to put in first parent's name and second parent's name on the OPR search and it would only give you the results for that search, but now it won't even though it still has the 2 boxes in the search form :( Now you can only fill in one parent and then trawl through all the results :(
Tannahill:  Ayrshire, Renfrewshire
Mulgrew/Milgrew:  Glasgow
Canning: Renfrewshire

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sunday 03 September 17 09:38 BST (UK) »
I do sympathise with the omissions in the new SP site but this thread was specifically about  saving wills as pdf documents when downloading.  I really don't want it to become a general complaint thread.

Thanks for your interest.