Author Topic: Victor Poole  (Read 2228 times)

Offline cosmac

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Victor Poole
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 03 September 17 19:42 BST (UK) »
1972 Canadian Voters Lists for the town of Dundas, Wentworth County (slightly west of Hamilton) there is a Victor Poole, foreman with wife Margaret, postal worker.

In the OCFA there is a Victor Poole and a Margaret M.  both buried in the Holy Sepulchre Roman Catholic Cemetery in Wentworth County.  If you email the cemetery they could give you further information such as birth year, place of birth, etc.  to exclude or include them as related.

Offline Lisa in California

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 03 September 17 20:40 BST (UK) »
Is there any chance that the couple could have returned to the UK?  Were other family members living in Canada or the States?  If so, could the couple have settled near them?

...We always believed his middle name to be Derek...

While I would think that mortality rates in the 1900s would be much lower than during the 1800s (so they wouldn't have to resort to the following), I have several branches that gave siblings the same first name even though the first-named child had not passed on, appearing to carry on the family name.  I came across one family (unrelated to mine) that gave the same first name to three sons, all of whom were still alive when their siblings were born.  Was Derek a name that was handed down generations?
Ellison: Co. Wicklow/Canada       Fowley: Sligo/Canada       Furnival: Lancashire/Canada       Ibbotson: Sheffield/Canada       Lee/DeJongh: Lancashire & Cheshire       Mumford: Essex/Canada       Ovens: Ireland/Canada       Sarge: Yorkshire/Canada             Stuart: Sligo/Canada       Sullivan: Co. Clare/Canada      Vaus: Sussex/Surrey      Wakefield: Tuam or Ballinasloe, Ireland              (Surname: Originated/Place Last Lived)  (Canadians lived in Ontario)

Offline Lisa in California

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 03 September 17 21:02 BST (UK) »
...In the OCFA there is a Victor Poole and a Margaret M.  both buried in the Holy Sepulchre Roman Catholic Cemetery in Wentworth County...

According to one of the pay sites, Margaret's middle initial was E (if I am looking at the correct marriage).   ;)   But, maybe the middle initial of M is for her maiden name (which does start with M).
Ellison: Co. Wicklow/Canada       Fowley: Sligo/Canada       Furnival: Lancashire/Canada       Ibbotson: Sheffield/Canada       Lee/DeJongh: Lancashire & Cheshire       Mumford: Essex/Canada       Ovens: Ireland/Canada       Sarge: Yorkshire/Canada             Stuart: Sligo/Canada       Sullivan: Co. Clare/Canada      Vaus: Sussex/Surrey      Wakefield: Tuam or Ballinasloe, Ireland              (Surname: Originated/Place Last Lived)  (Canadians lived in Ontario)