Author Topic: Flintshire Banns on FindmyPast question  (Read 2512 times)

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Flintshire Banns on FindmyPast question
« Reply #9 on: Monday 04 September 17 00:11 BST (UK) »
Are you able to go around the corner to the Clwyd FH Research Centre, WR, and have a wee look in the booklets ?

Unfortunately the Marriages for Holywell St James are only covered in the booklets up to 1841.
http://www.clwydfhs.org.uk/publications/registers-books.htm

Regards
William Russell Jones.
Jones, Griffiths. Stephens, Parry, Gabriel, Conway, Hughes, Evans, Roberts, Lea, Hanmer. Peake, Edwards. Newnes, Davies. Thomas. "Blythin".
All North Wales.
Conway, Durber, Cartlidge, Lovatt, Bebington. Brindley, Sankey, Brunt. Dean. Clewes. Rhodes. Mountford,Walker,Bache, "Gibbons"Hood. Taylor
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Francis - Nantwich Cheshire.
Dennell - Cheshire/Staffordshire.
Talbot-Shropshire
Census Information Is Crown Copyright,from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline ukgill

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 04 September 17 08:24 BST (UK) »
Thanks all for your help and fast responses. I am going to take WRJ advice and use St James, it also makes sense with where they lived. I was surprised that FamilySearch dont list the specific churches either for Holywell as they do usually have the churches specified on the films/reference materials.

I also learned from you that the issue with mis-classification of parishes on the records on FindMy Past extends beyond Anglesey where it is one hot mess! and I thought Anglesey was the only county to have this problem. I am providing emails to the FindMyPast support team every time I come across an example and have been doing this for some weeks, still awaiting the corrections though, will chase them up once again today to see when we can expect the corrections.

Best Regards
Gill

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 04 September 17 08:38 BST (UK) »
Just to clarify what WR  wrote ~ Although the Clwyd booklets for Holywell stop at 1841, the Bagillt ones go to 1911 so could be checked for inclusion or omission.

Gill - I would always recommend obtaining the marriage certificate in these cases or, if you don't wish to purchase,  phoning up the records office - they are usually very helpful and you could mntion the confusion with available sources.
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline ukgill

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 07 September 17 20:00 BST (UK) »
Thanks Gadget. I do have the marriage certificate but all it says is "The Parish Church" "Holywell".

Gill

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 07 September 17 20:19 BST (UK) »
Thanks Gadget. I do have the marriage certificate but all it says is "The Parish Church" "Holywell".

Gill

Then that will be St James's. Looks as if it might well have been mis-allocated as we suspected  :-\
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***