Author Topic: Maiden surname of Marlene Jones , 3 George Street , Blaenllechau  (Read 1104 times)

Offline curlytop2

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Maiden surname of Marlene Jones , 3 George Street , Blaenllechau
« on: Monday 04 September 17 01:56 BST (UK) »
Family info says that Marlene's mother Emma Ann also lived in this area . Marlene's second marriage was to Roy Jones  , and I think  she died about 2010 as this was when the house in George Street was sold . I only heard tell  of " Auntie Emma ", no married surname (she was my grandmother's sister) . I am finding it very difficult to trace the other siblings in the family without Emma's married name nee Thomas.
Can anyone help with information or point me in a possible direction ? I have tried everything I can think of on  Ancestry etc.

Offline Kay99

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Maiden surname of Marlene Jones , 3 George Street , Blaenllechau
« Reply #1 on: Monday 04 September 17 04:46 BST (UK) »
Welcome to RootsChat  :)

Without having an age for Marlene or her mother these are just possible thoughts but would stress that these are only thoughts

FreeBMD lists a marriage of a Marlene Dodds to Roy Jones Sept Qtr 1971 Pontypridd 8b 1519

And a possible previous marriage of a Marlene Bailey to Thomas V Dodds Sept Qtr 1963 Pontypridd  8B   1231   and a death for Thomas V Dodds  Age 30 Sept Qtr 1968 Pontyprid 8B   519

Possible birth of Marlene Bailey mother's maiden name Thomas Mar Qtr 1941  Pontypridd    11a   1134   

Possible marriage of her parents?  :-\  Evan C Bailey to Emma Thomas June Qtr 1921 Pontypridd    11a   967 

I did find possible deaths for Emma on Anc - Emma Ann Bailey Birth 4 Sep 1902  and Death June 1977  Pontypridd, Mid Glamorgan   With this Emma's birth date you should be able to find this Emma on the 1939 Register which we can't post details on here.   

Kay

Offline curlytop2

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 04 September 17 05:05 BST (UK) »
Thanks for your time and help Kay . I'll start on that right now. As I also know the names of two of Marlene's brothers I should be able to say yes or no with certainty.
Mary

Offline Kay99

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 04 September 17 05:09 BST (UK) »
Good luck

Kay

Offline curlytop2

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 04 September 17 07:03 BST (UK) »
Kay,
Can't thank you enough . Haven't checked '39 census yet , but the Bailey info has done it ! Yay !! Have found the three sibs under that name , checked out with immigration records and electoral rolls .
I did have Marlene Dodds marked as a possibility with spouse Roy Jones , so will fiddle around with that now.
I've only just discovered this website , where on earth have I been ?
Thanks again ,
Mary

Offline Kay99

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 04 September 17 07:18 BST (UK) »
So glad it worked out and do come back with more puzzles.  Everyone here loves them ;D

Kay