Author Topic: Inverness Shoemakers  (Read 774 times)

Offline Skoosh

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Inverness Shoemakers
« on: Tuesday 05 September 17 15:18 BST (UK) »
The Highland Family History Society has a list of shoemakers in the burgh 1738-1800, available in the current journal.

Skoosh.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Exilelass

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Inverness Shoemakers
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 30 November 17 23:03 GMT (UK) »
Interesting. I have just recently discovered that my Great Grandmother's brother was a shoemaker, in Daviot. How does one get to see this list, please?
I'm very new to all this research and, I'm sorry to be a bit dim, but I don't really know my way around all the sites etc yet.

Thank you

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Skoosh

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 30 November 17 23:48 GMT (UK) »
The second tranche of Inverness shoemakers is in the  November issue of the journal.

Highland Family History Society

www.highlandfamilyhistorysociety.org

Offline Skoosh

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 01 December 17 14:15 GMT (UK) »
Exilelass,  what is the name of your shoemaker & I will check the lists. These are old, from 1738 to 1800 but like most trades they ran in a family so possible clues to previous generations!

Skoosh.