Author Topic: David Hunter Forsyth (1917-2005)  (Read 152 times)

Offline Lauren Campbell

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
David Hunter Forsyth (1917-2005)
« on: Tuesday 05 September 17 15:28 BST (UK) »
Looking for information about my grandfather, David Hunter Forsyth who was born on 28th April 1917 to Joseph Hunter and Elizabeth Anderson Forsyth in Alva, Clackmannanshire. I am ideally searching for more information regarding his duties in World War II. From what I know, he was involved with the Desert Rats, 8th Army, 124 Regiment, 489 Battery. He fought in North Africa and Sicily. I know this is a long shot but I would just love to know what information is out there about my grandfather! :-)

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Online nanny jan

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • "Russian" John
    • View Profile
Re: David Hunter Forsyth (1917-2005)
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 05 September 17 19:13 BST (UK) »
His service record will be with the MOD;  details of how to apply here:

https://www.gov.uk/get-copy-military-service-records
Howard , Viney , Kingsman, Pain/e, Rainer/ Rayner, Barham, George, Wakeling (Catherine), Vicary (Frederick)   all LDN area/suburbs  Ottley/ MDX,
Henman/ KNT   Gandy/LDN before 1830  Burgess/LDN
Barham/SFK   Rainer/CAN (Toronto) Gillians/CAN  Sturgeon/CAN (Vancouver)
Bailey/LDN Page/KNT   Paling/WA (var)

All census look-ups are crown copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.