Author Topic: walter charles freeman look up  (Read 1452 times)

Offline fedupp

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: walter charles freeman look up
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 06 September 17 08:58 BST (UK) »
Does anyone know if there are.canadian  railway employment records available on line ?
   Looks like he still used his freeman surname to return to uk in 1953 !!??
Fleming,o'connor/connor
Morgan,lewis,freeman,
Glithero

Offline fedupp

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 06 September 17 09:15 BST (UK) »
Sorry, should have also thanked maureeninny ,polarbear AND jacquie .
Ref 1953. Visit .he and his wife  entered uk on 18th feb , again as freeman. Had 3 children born 1923, 1925 and 1928 , believe  all born in canada.
Fleming,o'connor/connor
Morgan,lewis,freeman,
Glithero

Offline polarbear

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 06 September 17 17:58 BST (UK) »
I know this thread was about Walter in particular, but were you aware that his sister apparently married in Toronto Ontario? In case not, Dorcas Annie Freeman 35 married widower Joseph Milligan 36 on 27th Sep 1920. Her parents given as Harry Freeman and Dorcas Glitheroe.

PB
We search for information but it is up to the thread owner to verify that it is correct.

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline bbart

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 07 September 17 06:06 BST (UK) »
The only reason I can think of that he would change his name, but go back to using the surname Freeman in the UK after years of using Bradley in Canada is a remarriage without divorcing/death of partner.  There is a possible one, but without obtaining the certificate and hoping he listed his parents on it, no way to know if the following is him. From http://vitalstats.gov.mb.ca/Query.php

Name:    Walter Charles Freeman
Spouse:    Helena Hryhirczuk
Marriage Date:    20 Jul 1914
Marriage Place:    Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

You mentioned Walter worked for a railway.  There is a Walter C Freeman working for the railway in the BC Electors role, but it is not yours (wrong address, wrong wife), and I had no luck finding any Bradley's working for the railway.  That doesn't mean he didn't, but where did you get the info that he did? Maybe I missed looking somewhere?

Offline fedupp

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 07 September 17 09:30 BST (UK) »
Polarbear well spotted again !
Yes , that is we believe ,his sister. Like other sisters she was in sevice at young age ,then in  1920 leaves liverpool for new york, arrives 1st march 1920 , then crosses border into canada on 6th march at bridgeburg , ontario .  Married milligan on 27th sept. 1920 ....then returns to uk sept 1922 . Spends rest of her life in peterborough _uk.
 There could have been other extended family in canada also ...glitheroe and freeman .  Joseph milligan was from ireland , presume they met in canada ??
Fleming,o'connor/connor
Morgan,lewis,freeman,
Glithero

Offline fedupp

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 07 September 17 09:58 BST (UK) »
Bbart ,yes I had thought of this . It could have been related to military , previous marriage or another reason . Marriage you mentioned looks very probable !!????
  He worked for cp railway for 39 years and retired in brandon manitoba in 1946 .
The reason I know this is a long story .
Short version - I had been searching for my gran, another mystery, ( his younger sister for many years .  In 2009 found her birth place and family on 1911 census . Found tree on anc someone in florida . She had list given to her from uncle in uk . Got in touch and met uncle .he had received list in letter dated 1993  from someone in canada. Who was visiting uk and  had spent many years reseaching freeman family .  After receiving letter I telephoned. 18 year old. Tel number. And spoke to this person . He told me he had much info on family and would be glad to share . Unfortunately ,before he could get back to me he sadly passed away .
Fleming,o'connor/connor
Morgan,lewis,freeman,
Glithero