Author Topic: Timelines  (Read 421 times)

Offline meeganf

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Timelines
« on: Wednesday 06 September 17 09:40 BST (UK) »
Hi there
Have read some of the wonderful advice (there is so much advice on Rootschat that I can use a little later on) - am writing a "story" of my GGGrandfather for my and some family consumption - so not too academic but I'd like to to read well, be correct factually but also write a bit of social history

To help me organise my information to date I'd like to draw up a timeline and put dates to events. Nothing very flash - am initially just after a horizontal line with vertical lines coming from it that I can type in (along the vertical line) the dates and events. Can anyone suggest something really easy to draw up and use please? I use FTM but don't want to draw up complex bits just yet

Something simple for me if you have any ideas please?
Many thanks
meegan

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline hallmark

• -
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Timelines
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 06 September 17 09:44 BST (UK) »

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Josephine

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Photog'r: J. Thomas, 47 Everton Rd., Liverpool
    • View Profile
Re: Timelines
« Reply #2 on: Monday 09 October 17 23:58 BST (UK) »
I would also be interested to know if anyone has used a specific software program to create a genealogical timeline. I'd love to see examples, too, if anyone would like to share.

I tried to create a simple one in Word a while ago and it didn't work well.

I did a search in Google Images using the terms timeline graphic templates software and there were tons of results but I just got confused. P.S. I added the word genealogy to the search terms and got some other results.

Regards,
Josephine
England: Barnett; Beaumont; Christy; George; Holland; Parker; Pope; Salisbury
Scotland: Currie; Curror; Dobson; Muir; Oliver; Pryde; Turnbull; Wilson
Ireland: Carson; Colbert; Coy; Craig; McGlinchey; Riley; Rooney; Trotter; Waters/Watters