Author Topic: Timelines  (Read 814 times)

Offline meeganf

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Timelines
« on: Wednesday 06 September 17 09:40 BST (UK) »
Hi there
Have read some of the wonderful advice (there is so much advice on Rootschat that I can use a little later on) - am writing a "story" of my GGGrandfather for my and some family consumption - so not too academic but I'd like to to read well, be correct factually but also write a bit of social history

To help me organise my information to date I'd like to draw up a timeline and put dates to events. Nothing very flash - am initially just after a horizontal line with vertical lines coming from it that I can type in (along the vertical line) the dates and events. Can anyone suggest something really easy to draw up and use please? I use FTM but don't want to draw up complex bits just yet

Something simple for me if you have any ideas please?
Many thanks
meegan

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Timelines
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 06 September 17 09:44 BST (UK) »
Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Offline Josephine

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Photo: Beardstown, Illinois
    • View Profile
Re: Timelines
« Reply #2 on: Monday 09 October 17 23:58 BST (UK) »
I would also be interested to know if anyone has used a specific software program to create a genealogical timeline. I'd love to see examples, too, if anyone would like to share.

I tried to create a simple one in Word a while ago and it didn't work well.

I did a search in Google Images using the terms timeline graphic templates software and there were tons of results but I just got confused. P.S. I added the word genealogy to the search terms and got some other results.

Regards,
Josephine
England: Barnett; Beaumont; Christy; George; Holland; Parker; Pope; Salisbury
Scotland: Currie; Curror; Dobson; Muir; Oliver; Pryde; Turnbull; Wilson
Ireland: Carson; Colbert; Coy; Craig; McGlinchey; Riley; Rooney; Trotter; Waters/Watters