Author Topic: windows 7 & outlook  (Read 589 times)

Offline bodger

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • bodger sen. jun.
    • View Profile
windows 7 & outlook
« on: Thursday 07 September 17 08:15 BST (UK) »
I am using the above, and in outlook there is a junk e mail box that when you choose you can direct selected  senders automatically into
I have accidentally directed one sender into this box who i now want to remove from the junk e mail box,  but i'm b-ggered if i can do this
simple answers please, i was born in the steam age. thank you, bodger
Attenborough, Bacon,Melbourne, Thorpe, Ride,Simpson/ Derbyshire, Judson,Bacon,/Keighley,
Lockett/ Manchester, Harling/ Lancaster & Manchester

Offline Lostris

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • diebus numerati sunt
    • View Profile
Re: windows 7 & outlook
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 07 September 17 08:24 BST (UK) »
Click on the Junk Email folder, then locate the email in question & right-click on it .... select 'Not Junk' or similar option from the small menu that appears ... it may give you a choice as to where to relocate it, but it will probably opt for your Inbox ...

Offline bodger

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • bodger sen. jun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 07 September 17 10:33 BST (UK) »
Lostris, yes i can do that ie, send the message from junk mail to inbox, what i need to do is stop it being sent to junk box in the first place ? ie. de junk mail it.
                                                      Thanks, bodger
Attenborough, Bacon,Melbourne, Thorpe, Ride,Simpson/ Derbyshire, Judson,Bacon,/Keighley,
Lockett/ Manchester, Harling/ Lancaster & Manchester

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 07 September 17 10:54 BST (UK) »
Lostris, yes i can do that ie, send the message from junk mail to inbox, what i need to do is stop it being sent to junk box in the first place ? ie. de junk mail it.
                                                      Thanks, bodger

Because you tell Outlook that it is Not Junk, then next message should go to Inbox!
Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Offline RJ_Paton

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Cuimhnichibh air na daoine bho'n d'thainig sibh
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 07 September 17 11:36 BST (UK) »
                                                      Thanks, bodger

As Hallmark says - if you followed lostris's instructions in marking the mail as "not junk" and NOT just moving it to the Inbox you are basically teaching it to recognise your mail. Unfortunately some algorithms are slow learners and it may take a few shots at this before it accepts the situation although there will be the odd hiccup now and then as it tries to revert to a previous instruction set.