Author Topic: Ancestry DNA - Half-Siblings - Immediate or Close family category?  (Read 1173 times)

Offline Nova67

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Luna and Artemis share DNA - Adopted 20/4/17
    • View Profile
Ancestry DNA - Half-Siblings - Immediate or Close family category?
« on: Thursday 07 September 17 09:49 BST (UK) »
Has anyone had a half sibling test with Ancestry DNA and did they still come up in the immediate family category?

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline shellyesq

• RootsChat Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Ancestry DNA - Half-Siblings - Immediate or Close family category?
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 07 September 17 20:37 BST (UK) »
According to Ancestry, a half-sibling would come up there in rare instances - http://www.rootschat.com/links/01koi/

This is slightly different, but my biological father's full sibling (a fraternal twin) and half-sibling both tested.  The full sibling came up as Close Family to me and the half-sibling was in the 1st cousin category.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Nova67

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Luna and Artemis share DNA - Adopted 20/4/17
    • View Profile
Re: Ancestry DNA - Half-Siblings - Immediate or Close family category?
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 07 September 17 21:29 BST (UK) »
Thank you so much for your answer and I will pass this link on.