Author Topic: Finding Jemineo  (Read 1675 times)

Offline avm228

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Finding Jemineo
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 07 September 17 18:48 BST (UK) »
Just in case you don't already her in your tree, there was a last (sadly short-lived) daughter for Jemineo and Caroline:

Jane Williamson, mmn Goldsmith

Birth reg: Mar qtr 1839 Bishops Stortford
Death reg: Jun qtr 1839 Bishops Stortford aged 3 [probably 3 months]

Buried, 1 May 1839 at St Michael's, Bishops Stortford: Jane Williamson, infant.
Ayr: Barnes, Wylie
Caithness: MacGregor
Essex: Eldred (Pebmarsh)
Gloucs: Timbrell (Winchcomb)
Hants: Stares (Wickham)
Lincs: Maw, Jackson (Epworth, Belton)
London: Pierce
Suffolk: Markham (Framlingham)
Surrey: Gosling (Richmond)
Wilts: Matthews, Tarrant (Calne, Preshute)
Worcs: Milward (Redditch)
Yorks: Beaumont, Crook, Moore, Styring (Huddersfield); Middleton (Church Fenton); Exley, Gelder (High Hoyland); Barnes, Birchinall (Sheffield); Kenyon, Wood (Cumberworth/Denby Dale)

Offline Anne Squire

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 04 October 17 23:21 BST (UK) »
Not related to the topic, but I'm descended from the Squire family of Frithelstock. Clara married Wright and her daughter Fanny married Lethaby and both moved to Fforchaman. I'm descended from Fanny's sibling. Are these names familiar to you?

Offline MrsSelfPub

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 05 October 17 07:42 BST (UK) »
Hello Anne
Frithelstock is such a tiny place that I am sure we are connected.  At the moment, I don't have those names on my tree.  Do you have any dates for these people and previous names and generations? Fanny Ellen Squire hopped on the boat over to Glamorgan to join her married aunt in 1859 aged 16.

My great, great grandmother was Fanny Ellen Squire (1843-1937) born in Frithelstock died in Newport
Her father was John Squire (1819-1899) born in Buckland died in Newport
His father was Philip Squire (1787-1838) Born in Buckland died in Frithelstock

I do not have any information beyond that so if you have any leads that would be marvellous.  My tree is public on Ancestry.co.uk so you can view it if I send you a link.  Perhaps this may help. 

I love the Squire branch of my tree as it feels very close to me.  My mother knows many of the great stories dating back to the times of Fanny's arrival in Wales and there are still other descendants alive and well in the Valleys. It would make my day to find more twigs on the branch  :D

Best wishes

Helen Mason

Mason-Norfolk
Maidment-Norfolk,Hampshire,Wiltshire,London
Moffat-Glasgow,Liverpool,Massachussets,Pennsylvania,Montreal,Ireland
Downing-Liverpool, Wirral, Derbyshire
Phillips-Cardiff,Newport,Chepstow
Chapman-Newport
Squire-Devon
Bancone-Italy, Poole, Newark New Jersey

Offline Anne Squire

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 05 October 17 11:23 BST (UK) »
Hi, I'm pretty sure we are related, but I will need to check the dates up and I don't have time at present. I think Philip is the younger brother of William Squire born 1883 Frithelstock. He was my 3X great Grandfather. Mary was Williams second daughter born 1810 Frith.  Her daughter Clara was born in the early 1830s or 40s.  Can't remember which at the moment.  There is no father listed for Clara, although I believe he was also called Squire and was from the other family in Frith.  Still trying to prove that one! Sorry to be so vague, but I have a busy day today and I don't have the time to check it up right now. Incidentally, Frith, and Buckland B. are only a handful of miles apart and which Church they went to seemed to depend on which farm they were working on at the time.  You may also want to look at Bulkworthy and Langtree.  I have a huge amount of info on the whole family for many generations, but it is not in my Ancestry tree, as I sort of gave up on that when it couldn't cope with 2nd cousins marrying each other. Ancestry account is under ycajunorg.

Offline MrsSelfPub

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 05 October 17 12:39 BST (UK) »
Hi again
I know all about that time thing.  The research is fascinating but you need the time to set aside for 'total immersion' in it. 
I will write you a message within RootsChat and we can take it from there.  Sounds exciting and I am planning a trip down that way in the half term break at the end of the month!
Helen
Mason-Norfolk
Maidment-Norfolk,Hampshire,Wiltshire,London
Moffat-Glasgow,Liverpool,Massachussets,Pennsylvania,Montreal,Ireland
Downing-Liverpool, Wirral, Derbyshire
Phillips-Cardiff,Newport,Chepstow
Chapman-Newport
Squire-Devon
Bancone-Italy, Poole, Newark New Jersey