Author Topic: Ann Webb/ Covington  (Read 125 times)

Offline tonymaxfield

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Ann Webb/ Covington
« on: Friday 08 September 17 11:29 BST (UK) »
I don't know if anyone can help. I am trying to find out if Ann Webb who baptised her son George in St. Nicholas in Abingdon in 1831 became Ann Covington who married Edward Covington as Ann Covington was a witness at George's wedding in Gloucestershire. I think George may have been illegitimate and the natural father may have been a William Millington who George lodged with in 1851. George recorded his father as William Webb, a blacksmith, which William Millington was. If he was the natural father might he have had to make payments? Is there a record of Ann's birth, George's birth or the Covington wedding? They say they were born in Abingdon but were living in Islip in 1841. Also living with the Covingtons was a James Webb who by 1851 had married Eliza and was still living in Islip. Is there a record of this marriage or James' birth as I would like to prove if James is a relative? I would be grateful for any help although I realise 2 counties are involved. Would I need to post this on the Oxfordshire forum too?

Tony

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Online Milliepede

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Ann Webb/ Covington
« Reply #1 on: Friday 08 September 17 11:51 BST (UK) »
Looking at the children for James Webb and Eliza her maiden name looks to be Warland.

Marriage Oxford Dec 1843 has
Warland Eliza
Webb James

Hinchliffe Huddersfield Wiltshire

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline jennifer c

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Latest bud on my family tree
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 08 September 17 14:54 BST (UK) »
Eliza Warland was on the line above the family on the 1841 census.

Jennifer
Stevens /Godfrey /Rudgley /Claridge/ Gipson /George /Bliss
Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline tonymaxfield

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 08 September 17 18:50 BST (UK) »
Thank you millipede and Jenniferc.

How do I get details of a wedding between Ann Webb and Edward Covington on 20 July 1835 at Oxford St. Thomas, Oxfordshire.

Offline CarolA3

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 09 September 17 13:09 BST (UK) »
The Oxfordshire parish records, including St Thomas, are available on Ancestry.

Unfortunately at that date, no further details were given about the couple unless one of them was a minor or a widow/er.  All you have in this case are the names of the witnesses - John GIBBENS and Sarah MILSHAM.

Carol
OXFORDSHIRE / BERKSHIRE
Bullock, Cooper, Boler/Bowler, Wright, Robinson, Lee, Prior, Trinder, Newman, Walklin, Louch