Author Topic: PICKARD family in India 1900s  (Read 1279 times)

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
Re: PICKARD family in India 1900s
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 09 September 17 12:44 BST (UK) »
You should remove the names of those children listed under  'Four Young children'  as hopefully they are still living and rootschat does not allow us to mention living people. Any others potentially still living should also be removed.

The George Young born in Barnet did not have a middle name starting with S.  The marriage cert would give more details
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline PGS1000

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 09 September 17 16:41 BST (UK) »
Rosie,
'
Thank you for letting me know re names. Four names after 1940 replaced with 'X's.

Peter

Offline Hamish Clark

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 14 October 18 17:19 BST (UK) »
One of my uncles was George Scott Young. He was married to Esme Pickard. George was born in Aberdour, Fife on 29 May 1910 and died in Calcutta on 28 February 1950. My sister and one of my brother remember meeting Esme and George when they (E & G) visited Edinburgh in the late 1940s. The family story is that Esme met someone on the ship on their return trip to India and they separated. I do not know if they divorced and I have no information on Esme.
George was one of 4 brothers. Two died in infancy; Robert aged 1 in 1906, William aged 2 in 1915. Alex died aged 26 in 1933. My mother, Dorothy, died in 2010 aged 92.
Their father, Robert, was one of 5 brothers. There are however no surviving Youngs.
I have a wedding photo of Esme and George.
I hope this helps
Hamish

Offline PGS1000

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 14 October 18 18:44 BST (UK) »
Hamish,

Thank you for the reply. I think you have pinned down what happened to Esme for me. And I would love to have a copy of that photograph.

I have researched back several generations from Esme and could le you have that info but since your line is George Young's you may not be interested - let me know.

Anyway, would that picture reach me via 'Attachment' (if you are happy to scan it) or can i give you my email address - not sure how this all works.

Really delighted to get your reply.

Peter