Author Topic: Sarah Elizabeth Foreman nee West- Woodstock,Ontario  (Read 1313 times)

Offline RunKitty

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Sarah Elizabeth Foreman nee West- Woodstock,Ontario
« Reply #9 on: Friday 08 September 17 23:36 BST (UK) »
Don't know if you have this....Leonard's WW1 service file.  The Attestation papers come up quickly, but it takes a while to download the complete file.

http://www.bac-lac.gc.ca/eng/discover/military-heritage/first-world-war/personnel-records/Pages/item.aspx?IdNumber=389581

RK

Offline NooshieW

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Today is the day of my life
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 09 September 17 00:40 BST (UK) »
That was very interesting thanks a lot for the link, I read through all 74 pages, he was buried by a shell at Vimy Ridge, how terrible, his brother Albert was killed in France, so just dreadful for the family.
Devon,Cornwall and Somerset
West,Horne,Andrews,Melluish and Denniford

Online dbree

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Canada
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 09 September 17 14:59 BST (UK) »
Wow, thanks that is amazing, it is interesting to confirm George's age as I often wondered whether I had the right man as he was so old. Also another interesting point is that George remarried but he is still buried with Sarah Elizabeth.
Thanks very much

You're welcome. :)

I'm not seeing 2nd wife Anne Louisa Summers/Thrower in Hillview, but I'm not sure how complete
the records are. Her first husband James is there as well as their son Thomas. This is the main page to cemeteries in the area, if you wish to peruse, scroll to the bottom of the page for Woodstock.
http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~dcoop/cemeteries_completed.htm

Thought is was nice that they added their son Pvt. Albert to their stone.

Let us know how you make out with OGS.

Cheers,
DB

Offline NooshieW

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Today is the day of my life
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 10 September 17 10:30 BST (UK) »
It says in the obituary of Anna Foreman nee Summers that the service was at Calvary Church and that she was in a temporary mausoleum. I looked up the church but it seems very modern so not sure it is the same one, but I am sure she must be buried with her first family or at least in the same area.
Thanks
Devon,Cornwall and Somerset
West,Horne,Andrews,Melluish and Denniford