Author Topic: Eliza Jane Woolley  (Read 7075 times)

Offline Jamjar

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Scottish GGGrandmother-Grace MORRISON née JARDINE
    • View Profile
Re: Eliza Jane Woolley
« Reply #27 on: Saturday 09 September 17 08:45 BST (UK) »
Llewellyn and Phebe headstone photo. Lots of Richards buried at St Thomas':

http://austcemindex.com/inscription?id=9841527#images

Jamjar
Atkinson; Badier; Cameron; Grant; Howie; Jardine; Jenkins; Kerr; Lawardorn; Lee; Linton; Lonie; McConnell; Morgan; Morrison; Murphy; O'Leary; Paton; Pratt; Robb; Williams

Offline Jamjar

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Saturday 09 September 17 08:48 BST (UK) »
Has the other wife of Charles Richards been mentioned?

son/Llewellyn & Phebe; b. Concord NSW; h/Eliza Jane Woolley & Mary (Coulson)

Jamjar

Added: Was second wife. Was thinking if she was first would be possible for no marriage to Eliza:

14032/1928 RICHARDS Charles H to COULSON Mary C BURWOOD
Atkinson; Badier; Cameron; Grant; Howie; Jardine; Jenkins; Kerr; Lawardorn; Lee; Linton; Lonie; McConnell; Morgan; Morrison; Murphy; O'Leary; Paton; Pratt; Robb; Williams

Offline Jamjar

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Saturday 09 September 17 09:59 BST (UK) »
Not sure if I have asked already, but do you have this marriage cert?

2986/1892 JAMES Daniel J to WOOLLEY Eliza J BURWOOD

Jamjar

Offline Jamjar

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Saturday 09 September 17 10:21 BST (UK) »
Where have you found the following?

There is another Eliza Jane Woolley that I have found to be born in 1874 as well with the same parents.

I see:

2800/1874 WOOLLEY Eliza Jane WILLIAM PHILIP and ELIZA SYDNEY

5846/1876 WOOLLEY Eliza Jane JOHN and MARY ANN WATERLOO

Jamjar

I think this is marriage of Eliza of John and Mary Ann:

5977/1896 FOSTER Robert H WOOLLEY Eliza J ROCKDALE

Death: 21267/1959 FOSTER Eliza Jane parents  JOHN and MARY ANN CHATSWOOD

Jamjar

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Saturday 09 September 17 10:26 BST (UK) »
1901 Daniel C  birth registered Waterloo  NSW BDM #27693.  Parents as Daniel J and Eliza J JAMES.
1905 Daniel C JAMES death registered Waterloo, NSW BDM #7164.  Parents as Daniel J and Eliza J.

Daniel Charles JAMES, aged three, died at the Coast Hospital from the effects of burns.
 http://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/article/239513817   15 June 1905  Tele. 

WOOLLEY In loving memory of my dear brother, Walter Thomas Woolley, who departed this life August 23, 1904 aged 35 years.   Inserted by his loving sister and brother in law,  Lizzie and Daniel JAMES. 
http://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/article/114464211  24 Aug 1905  Evening News.
NSW BDM online index has Walter T WOOLLEY’s death registered at St Leonards, parents as William P and Eliza.  #11057/1904

To me, there's definitely two lasses Eliza (Lizzie) JAMES nee WOOLLEY and Jane (Eliza Jane) RICHARDS nee WOOLLEY.

JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Saturday 09 September 17 10:33 BST (UK) »
It is entirely possible that Charles Henry RICHARDS was not formally married to Eliza Jane WOOLLEY, but it is actually fairly well known that the NSW BDM's index is flawed, particularly in respect of marriages likely to be within the years 1856 - 1895.  (There was a long standing dispute between Church and State re the depth of details the State required)   

May I suggest that an official transcription of a NSW BDM birth registration for one of Jane's and Charles' children should state when and where the couple married, and that would be a good clue to help follow up with further searchings. 

http://www.bdm.nsw.gov.au/Pages/family-history/family-history.aspx  (Scroll down  :D )

JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline Dundee

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Saturday 09 September 17 13:52 BST (UK) »
I am researching Eliza Jane Woolley born 14 November 1874. Her parents were William Phillip Woolley and Eliza Woolley (born Theabold). Eliza had a family with Charles Richards.

It is not looking like your Eliza Jane was the daughter of WOOLLEY/THEOBALD born in 1874.

WOOLLEY In loving memory of my dear brother, Walter Thomas Woolley, who departed this life August 23, 1904 aged 35 years.   Inserted by his loving sister and brother in law,  Lizzie and Daniel JAMES. 

http://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/article/114464211  24 Aug 1905  Evening News.

NSW BDM online index has Walter T WOOLLEY’s death registered at St Leonards, parents as William P and Eliza.  #11057/1904

I notice that your lady is always Jane/Jane E., not Eliza Jane.  There are some gaps in the birth registrations for William Phillip and Eliza so is it possible that she is another daughter born close to Eliza Jane?

Does Jane's death cert give her mother's maiden surname - is that your source of information?  Do you have one of the parents' death certs to get a list of children's names?

Debra  :)

Offline Dundee

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Saturday 09 September 17 14:19 BST (UK) »
I have researched Eliza Jane Woolley that was with Charles Henry Richards and on her death records found on the Australian Cemeteries Index it states that her parents were in fact William P Woolley and Eliza Theabold district BURWOOD.

On her headstone it has RICHARDS at the top with her name ELIZA JANE WOOLLEY 14-11-1874 - 30-12-1904 underneath followed by her husband Charles Henry Richards 18-5-1867 - 11-4-1949 (CREM)  and the twins BABY 10-11-1897 and  ROSAMOND 8 to 10-12-1897 and Dorothy E.F 21-12-1902 - 20-3-1923.

The penny has just dropped  :)

The information on that site is submitted by someone and not necessarily fact.  The plaque on the original headstone is quite new so has been put there by someone fairly recently and also not necessarily fact.

Offline Jamjar

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Saturday 09 September 17 14:56 BST (UK) »
I have researched Eliza Jane Woolley that was with Charles Henry Richards and on her death records found on the Australian Cemeteries Index it states that her parents were in fact William P Woolley and Eliza Theabold district BURWOOD.

On her headstone it has RICHARDS at the top with her name ELIZA JANE WOOLLEY 14-11-1874 - 30-12-1904 underneath followed by her husband Charles Henry Richards 18-5-1867 - 11-4-1949 (CREM)  and the twins BABY 10-11-1897 and  ROSAMOND 8 to 10-12-1897 and Dorothy E.F 21-12-1902 - 20-3-1923.

The penny has just dropped  :)

The information on that site is submitted by someone and not necessarily fact.  The plaque on the original headstone is quite new so has been put there by someone fairly recently and also not necessarily fact.

Yes, I'd thought the exact same, Debra.

Jamjar