Author Topic: Eliza Jane Woolley  (Read 7080 times)

Offline Jamjar

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Scottish GGGrandmother-Grace MORRISON née JARDINE
    • View Profile
Re: Eliza Jane Woolley
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 09 September 17 02:58 BST (UK) »
Hi there JM,

Can you see John and Mary at WATERLOO?

Also, can you see the John Woolley who died 7 July 1913, on BDM? I can't find it. He is buried at Woronora with wife Mary Jane.

Death notice: http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article15434984

Jamjar
Atkinson; Badier; Cameron; Grant; Howie; Jardine; Jenkins; Kerr; Lawardorn; Lee; Linton; Lonie; McConnell; Morgan; Morrison; Murphy; O'Leary; Paton; Pratt; Robb; Williams

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 09 September 17 02:59 BST (UK) »
re
Hi Jamjar,
Eliza Jane James (born Woolley) died 14th July 1932 and is buried at Eastern Suburbs Memorial Park Matriville and so is her husband Daniel Joseph James. The burial record states she was age 57 years so she was possibly born about 1874 or 1875. All of the family history research for Eliza Jane Woolley refers to Eliza Jane Woolley that married Daniel Joseph James at Burwood in 1892 and all the information says she is the daughter of William Phillip Woolley and Eliza Theabold.
I have researched Eliza Jane Woolley that was with Charles Henry Richards and on her death records found on the Australian Cemeteries Index it states that her parents were in fact William P Woolley and Eliza Theabold district BURWOOD. I want to prove that Eliza jane James is from the same family but not the daughter of William Phillip and Eliza, but it states  on the death record that Eliza Jane James parents are William and Eliza district REDFERN.

When Eliza Jane Woolley died her death record says Jane Richards. On her headstone it has RICHARDS at the top with her name ELIZA JANE WOOLLEY 14-11-1874 - 30-12-1904 underneath followed by her husband Charles Henry Richards 18-5-1867 - 11-4-1949 (CREM)  and the twins BABY 10-11-1897 and  ROSAMOND 8 to 10-12-1897 and Dorothy E.F 21-12-1902 - 20-3-1923.
I would appreciate any information to help solve this puzzle.
Kind regards
Allison Terry

NSW Electoral Roll 1902 PARKES, polling at Burwood
Jane RICHARDS, Duff Street, domestic duties.
NO others with that street address and that surname, no Charles Henry RICHARDS polling at Burwood.

JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 09 September 17 03:19 BST (UK) »
Re NSW BDM ... until around 1918, the deaths register can be a tad flawed, particularly if an inquest was under consideration.    Sometimes the burial occurred based on a Magistrate's order (community health considerations) but prior to formalising ALL the paperwork, and so NO-ONE remembered to lodge the civil registrations...  and sometimes the handwriting was basically scribble, so it can be best if you know the date to search with the wildcard for surname and restrict the dates  :)

JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 09 September 17 03:33 BST (UK) »
Hi there,

Do you have the details recorded on the birth registration for Rosamond?  What information does it give for when and where her parents married, and etc?  (NSW BDM ref #30176/1897) (Index has the birth registered Burwood District with parents as Charles H and Jane E RICHARDS.

JM

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 09 September 17 03:38 BST (UK) »
Hi there again,

What information is actually recorded on the 1892 marriage registration?  NSW #2986/1892
(Daniel J JAMES and Eliza J WOOLLEY, registered Burwood district).

Particularly, on that civil registration who did the bride name as her parents?  :) first hand info can often be reliable. 

JM

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Saturday 09 September 17 04:16 BST (UK) »
NSW BDM online index deaths
John WOOLLEY, registered Chatswood district # 12120/1913
...Also, can you see the John Woolley who died 7 July 1913, on BDM?......

JM

Offline Jamjar

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Scottish GGGrandmother-Grace MORRISON née JARDINE
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Saturday 09 September 17 04:17 BST (UK) »
NSW BDM online index deaths
John WOOLLEY, registered Chatswood district # 12120/1913
...Also, can you see the John Woolley who died 7 July 1913, on BDM?......

JM

No parents' names?

Jamjar
Atkinson; Badier; Cameron; Grant; Howie; Jardine; Jenkins; Kerr; Lawardorn; Lee; Linton; Lonie; McConnell; Morgan; Morrison; Murphy; O'Leary; Paton; Pratt; Robb; Williams

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Saturday 09 September 17 04:21 BST (UK) »
father as John, blank in column for mother's given name.

https://familyhistory.bdm.nsw.gov.au/lifelink/familyhistory/search?27

JM

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Saturday 09 September 17 04:31 BST (UK) »
Sands 1895 Sydney Directory
Daniel JAMES, Bay Street, Botany
Daniel JAMES, George Street, Hurstville.

Sands 1892 Suburban Directory Sydney
HURSTVILLE
George Street (Penhurst Estate) off Forest Street
Daniel JAMES, tailor.

NSW ER1902 LANG polling at Hurstville
Daniel JAMES, Penshurst Park, independent means
Daniel Ernest JAMES, Penshurst Park, bank Clerk

JM