Author Topic: Eliza Jane Woolley  (Read 7011 times)

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
Re: Eliza Jane Woolley
« Reply #63 on: Thursday 21 September 17 08:39 BST (UK) »
I still think that there is a good chance that Jane was the daughter of William P WOOLLEY and Eliza THEOBALD as there is a spot for her between Walter in 1868 (Moama) and Thomas in 1872 (Queensland).  Just my opinion, but I would want to prove once and for all whether or not she was a part of that family.

You do need to get another certificate, the choices being the birth cert of one of the children of William and Eliza which should name previous issue.   The birth cert for the youngest is always preferable as you may also find that others missed registration.  This info will be of value if they do turn out to be yours.

The death cert for William or Eliza which should name all of their children and show their position in the family, or the death cert for your Jane to see if her mother's maiden name is recorded.  Death certs can be very good or a load of old cobblers, depending on who the informant was, so it is a bit of a lucky dip.

Debra  :)

If this were my family,  I would be ordering the Official transcription (so not ordering the real deal expensive certificate) of the NSW birth of Anne WOOLLEY, born in 1887, birth registered Canterbury district.  Ref No. 5393/1887.  In my opinion, any of the three official transcription agents will provide excellent service and all reputable family history buffs with NSW focus will accept the official transcription as though it is the real deal, expensive certificate.    As to the apparent errors on the new plaque at St Thomas cemetery, perhaps best to leave it be for now, while you sort out some of the confusion.   Don't fret over the whys and wherefores,  the person who paid for that plaque obviously had the best of intentions and I doubt there was any intention to deceive or mis-lead.

JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline Allison Terry

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: Friday 22 September 17 05:07 BST (UK) »
Thank you for the information about Anne Woolley. I appreciate your advice.
Allison 😊

Offline Allison Terry

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: Tuesday 26 September 17 10:08 BST (UK) »
I received the death certificate today for Jane Richards born Woolley. Her parents were William Philip Woolley and Eliza Thepold. Jane was born at Orange. She married Charles Henry Richards at Blacktown Sydney at abt age 25yrs. Jane was 35yrs when she died.
The certificate lists all her children and their ages.
I am certain I now have closure. Thank you to all the people who gave me information and loads of good advice.
Kind regards
Allison 😊

Offline judb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: Wednesday 27 September 17 07:47 BST (UK) »
Just a quick observation re Memorial Inscriptions.  There is no authority that needs to be contacted when commissioning a memorial (other than making sure the style accords with the requirements of the cemetery) and the details given to the stonemason are not checked by anyone.

I am somewhat ashamed to say that my own mother's headstone has the date of her death wrong - only by one day.  I thought the stonemason had made the mistake but when I looked at my correspondence I found that the mistake was mine!! :-[ :( :o  As it was only one day I haven't had it corrected but another genealogist in the future may be irritated by this.  One of Mum's friends pointed it out and I hadn't even noticed.   ::)  8)

Judith
DYER - Wilts, London, Somerset, MIDLANE - Hants, Wilts, SONE - Hants, WRIGHT - London, Hants, SEAGER - Deptford, DWYER, FERGUSON - Victoria, MASON - Woodford Vic, BALLARD - South Wales, GOULDBY - Lowestoft
"Time present and time past are both perhaps present in time future..." T S Eliot

UK Census information Crown Copyrightt, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Jang

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: Sunday 01 October 17 09:47 BST (UK) »
Hi Allison,
I was most interested to read this thread - Mary Coulson, Charles' second wife, was my great aunt. I'll send you a PM.
Jan
England:
Durham: COULSON, FENWICK, HUNTER, LOWES, NAYLOR, ROBSON
Norfolk: DEWING, OUGHTON, TAYLOR,
Lancashire: TWEDDLE
Ireland: KEATING, KIRBY, Limerick; NELSON, Donegal
Scotland: BENNIE, Glasgow; COOK, Renfrewshire; HENDERSON, Alloa/Dundee; HUNTER, Glasgow; KIRKWOOD, Alloa; LAMONT, Dalkeith; YOUNG, Glasgow
Switzerland: VOSTI, DELUBINI
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Towaninnie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: Sunday 17 June 18 12:27 BST (UK) »
Hi Alison, I too am most interested in this thread.  Eliza Jane Woolley's father is a connection of mine.  I would be most keen to hear from you.  Towaninnie.