Author Topic: Rosetta Cousens (Cousins) of Kersey  (Read 435 times)

Offline henrietta165

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Rosetta Cousens (Cousins) of Kersey
« on: Saturday 09 September 17 04:47 BST (UK) »
I’m trying to find Rosetta’s birth and parents. Any help would be most appreciated.
Here is what I know: She married Richard Gleed (Glead, Glede) 28 Sep 1828 in Kersey. I have found all the census records for her up to her death in 1883 (reg’d Cosford, Apr Q). The census records give her birth about 1806 in Kersey.
I have found a family of Cousens / Cousins in Kersey. William Cousins married Rose Hill, 31 Aug 1802. I’ve found various children’s baptisms / births in online records, but I’ve not found Rosetta.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Online suffolk*sue

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Catherine Sandys & Sarah Richardson,where are you?
    • View Profile
Re: Rosetta Cousens (Cousins) of Kersey
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 09 September 17 07:29 BST (UK) »
On the Suffolk Baptism index is a Rose Cozens bap. in Kersey on 12th June, 1803 to William and Rose.

Census information is Crown Copyright  -  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline henrietta165

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 09 September 17 14:01 BST (UK) »
Thanks so much Sue. The Rose that you found seems likely to be my Rosetta. But I'm a bit confused because Familysearch and ancestry.com both have a record (from England Births and christenings) for ANN Cosens bap 12 Jun 1803, Kersey with parents William and Rose. Would I be right in thinking that the Suffolk Bap Index is more likely to be correct than the England Births and Christenings?

Online suffolk*sue

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Catherine Sandys & Sarah Richardson,where are you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 09 September 17 18:52 BST (UK) »
I would trust the index as I am sure the Suffolk transcribers have been very meticulous. However you could get someone to check the actual parish register, just to make sure.

Census information is Crown Copyright  -  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk