Author Topic: Stephen Outing  (Read 740 times)

Offline Diblet

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Stephen Outing
« on: Saturday 09 September 17 13:58 BST (UK) »
A Stephen Outing was baptised in Blackmore on 13th September 1763. His parents are Stephen and Jane Outing.

I am now trying to find the marriage of this Stephen and Jane Outing (so far without success  :-\) and consequently a pointer to any other children they may have had. I'd be grateful if anybody could help me.

:) :)

Offline Jomot

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Stephen Outing
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 09 September 17 15:29 BST (UK) »
Not finding the marriage so far (only one to a Sarah Mellors in 1757), but John Outing son of Stephen & Jane was buried at Blackmore on 18 April 1762.   Stephen's baptism is on the same page:  http://www.rootschat.com/links/01kov/

ADDED: A John Outing s/o Steph & Sarah was baptised Mountnessing 19 Jul 1757.  Could Sarah & Jane be the same person  ???
MORGAN: Glamorgan, Durham, Ohio. DAVIS/DAVIES/DAVID: Glamorgan, Ohio.  GIBSON: Leicestershire, Durham, North Yorkshire.  RAIN/RAINE: Cumberland.  TAYLOR: North Yorks. BOURDAS: North Yorks. JEFFREYS: Worcestershire & Northumberland. FORBES: Berwickshire, CHEESMOND: Durham/Northumberland. WINTER: Durham/Northumberland. SNOWBALL: Durham.

Offline richardanthony

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 09 September 17 15:41 BST (UK) »
jomot
can you tell me how you find these records as i have tried on that site and i cant find actual documents

Offline Jomot

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 09 September 17 15:55 BST (UK) »
If you search the catalog by place name you should get a list of available images, although some can only be accessed at a family history centre. https://www.familysearch.org/catalog/search

For info, Sar[ah] Outing, daughter of D Miller (Mellors?) of Mountnessing was a beneficiary of his will in 1776.   

Stephen Outing born c1763 was buried at Mountnessing in 1839.
MORGAN: Glamorgan, Durham, Ohio. DAVIS/DAVIES/DAVID: Glamorgan, Ohio.  GIBSON: Leicestershire, Durham, North Yorkshire.  RAIN/RAINE: Cumberland.  TAYLOR: North Yorks. BOURDAS: North Yorks. JEFFREYS: Worcestershire & Northumberland. FORBES: Berwickshire, CHEESMOND: Durham/Northumberland. WINTER: Durham/Northumberland. SNOWBALL: Durham.

Offline Diblet

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 09 September 17 16:33 BST (UK) »
Thanks for your replies. I don't think Jane and Sarah are one and the same person. There was more than one Stephen Outing around at the time. I do have access to SEAX and have gathered lots of info. in Mountnessing and Buttsbury. It was only the other day that I realised there were a nest of Outings in Blackmore and the Stephen who was buried in Mountnessing appeared to be the one baptised in Blackmore. As he's a direct ancestor, I'm keen to find his parents marriage to help me slot everybody into place!

By the way, the spelling of the name varies a great deal (Outing, Outting, Oughting, Owting) and finally settled on Outten.
 :) ::)