Author Topic: Stephen Outing  (Read 165 times)

Offline Diblet

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Stephen Outing
« on: Saturday 09 September 17 13:58 BST (UK) »
A Stephen Outing was baptised in Blackmore on 13th September 1763. His parents are Stephen and Jane Outing.

I am now trying to find the marriage of this Stephen and Jane Outing (so far without success  :-\) and consequently a pointer to any other children they may have had. I'd be grateful if anybody could help me.

:) :)

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Jomot

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Stephen Outing
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 09 September 17 15:29 BST (UK) »
Not finding the marriage so far (only one to a Sarah Mellors in 1757), but John Outing son of Stephen & Jane was buried at Blackmore on 18 April 1762.   Stephen's baptism is on the same page:  http://www.rootschat.com/links/01kov/

ADDED: A John Outing s/o Steph & Sarah was baptised Mountnessing 19 Jul 1757.  Could Sarah & Jane be the same person  ???
GIBSON: Leicestershire, Durham. MORGAN: Glamorgan, Durham, Ohio. JACKSON: East Yorks, North Yorks, Durham. TAYLOR: North Yorks. BOURDAS: North Yorks. JEFFREYS: Worcestershire & Northumberland. CHEESMOND: Durham/Northumberland. WINTER: Durham/Northumberland. SNOWBALL: Durham.

Census Transcriptions are Crown Copyright from National Archives

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline richardanthony

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 09 September 17 15:41 BST (UK) »
jomot
can you tell me how you find these records as i have tried on that site and i cant find actual documents

Offline Jomot

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 09 September 17 15:55 BST (UK) »
If you search the catalog by place name you should get a list of available images, although some can only be accessed at a family history centre. https://www.familysearch.org/catalog/search

For info, Sar[ah] Outing, daughter of D Miller (Mellors?) of Mountnessing was a beneficiary of his will in 1776.   

Stephen Outing born c1763 was buried at Mountnessing in 1839.
GIBSON: Leicestershire, Durham. MORGAN: Glamorgan, Durham, Ohio. JACKSON: East Yorks, North Yorks, Durham. TAYLOR: North Yorks. BOURDAS: North Yorks. JEFFREYS: Worcestershire & Northumberland. CHEESMOND: Durham/Northumberland. WINTER: Durham/Northumberland. SNOWBALL: Durham.

Census Transcriptions are Crown Copyright from National Archives

Offline Diblet

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 09 September 17 16:33 BST (UK) »
Thanks for your replies. I don't think Jane and Sarah are one and the same person. There was more than one Stephen Outing around at the time. I do have access to SEAX and have gathered lots of info. in Mountnessing and Buttsbury. It was only the other day that I realised there were a nest of Outings in Blackmore and the Stephen who was buried in Mountnessing appeared to be the one baptised in Blackmore. As he's a direct ancestor, I'm keen to find his parents marriage to help me slot everybody into place!

By the way, the spelling of the name varies a great deal (Outing, Outting, Oughting, Owting) and finally settled on Outten.
 :) ::)