Author Topic: Morton, Hudson, Gibson  (Read 5008 times)

Offline Vicky9284

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Morton, Hudson, Gibson
« on: Sunday 10 September 17 13:11 BST (UK) »
Hello, I am searching my grandads family tree for him as he knows little about his early childhood. I know that my grandad was born in Newcastle on the 20th July 1924 his birth name was Peter Morton. His mother was unmarried and called Doris Morton, father unknown.
Doris Morton was born in 1912 October 13th in Newcastle. Her parents were James Morton and Margaret Jane Morton. On her birth certificate it says her mother was Margaret Jane Morton Late Hudson family name Gibson. I have found that Margaret Jane Hudson married James Morton in April 1912 in Newcastle, she would have already been pregnant with Doris at this time.
I have also found that Margaret Jane Gibson married John Thomas Hudson in 1904 and was registered living with him in 1911 Benwell. So between 1911 and 1912 she will have left John Thomas Hudson married James Morton and Has Doris, I can't seem to find out what happened to her first husband however in 1911 it says he was unemployed due to blindness.
I can't seem to find James Morton living with Margaret Jane Morton and daughter Doris after her birth.

As far as my grandads childhood goes I have no idea. We think he was put first into a children's home as we have some photos of him Doris kept in what looks like a children's home. He knows he was placed in a few foster homes and can remember one with someone called Mrs Todd in Oxford. His mother collected him from this foster home one day he thinks when he was around 8 and took him to live with her she was a house keeper for a Mr Montague William Blanchford Mr Blanchford then adopted my grandad we are not sure why. Mr Blanchford had a wife Alice Mary blanchford but although she would visit they did not live together.

If anyone has any connections to any of these people it would be great to know or if anyone can find out what happened to my grandads grandparents or his mother during his early years that would be great.

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
Re: Morton, Hudson, Gibson
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 10 September 17 13:22 BST (UK) »
Welcome to Rootschat Vicky9284.

Are you saying Doris was 12 when she had Peter?
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Cummins, Miskelly(IRELAND + NZ) ,Leggett (SFK + NFK ENGLAND + NZ),Purdy ( NBL ENGLAND + NZ ), Shaw YKS, LANCs + NZ), Holdsworth(LINCS +LANCS + NZ), Moloney, Dean, Fitzpatrick, ( County Down,IRE) Newby(NBL.ENG, Costello(IRE), Ivers, Murray(IRE),Reay(NBL.ENG) Reid (BERW.SCOTLAND)

Online rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 10 September 17 13:31 BST (UK) »
Hi

Welcome to rootschat

A free search of the 1939 register has living in Abingdon R D
Peter   Blanchford (Morton)   1934
Frank Cotmarr and 2 more people are on this record
1 more person who is officially closed

This would tie in with this birth
Births Sep 1934 
Morton    Peter    mmn Morton    Newcastle T.    10b   186

The Blanchford name would have been an amendment on the register after 1939
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Vicky9284

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 10 September 17 13:33 BST (UK) »
Sorry mistyped he was born in 1934 :)

Offline Vicky9284

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 10 September 17 13:37 BST (UK) »
Wow thank you I had no idea where he was sent/living after his birth. Will look into it now. Just one question what does 1 more person officially closed mean?

Online rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 10 September 17 13:56 BST (UK) »
It means that they are possibly still living so the record is not available to view
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Radcliff

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Crown Copywrite on all census material,
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 10 September 17 18:00 BST (UK) »
John Thomas Hudson
age at death 29
registered J quarter Newcastle Upon Tyne 1911

so lets assume from this she may not have left her husband his death certificate will state if his wife was present at his death
Gunning County Down,Kneale Isle of Man,Riddle Tynemouth,Bibby Kendal/Bradford,Colenso Penzance/Barrow-in-Furness,Steele Corney Fell,Chapman Ely,Dawes Alfreton,Blamire Westmoreland and Ulverston
Dislike the use of P Messaging system, unless its of a sensitive nature, Rootschat is  an open forum,

Offline Radcliff

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sunday 10 September 17 18:22 BST (UK) »
Harold Hudson,birth registered Newcastle March Quarter 1906,mother Gibson,death registered same Month,

Jennie Hudson,mother Gibson,birth registered Newcastle D Quarter 1907,feath registered the same month,

Thomas Hudson,mother Gibson birth registered Newcastle,December 1908 ,death registered D,Q 1908 aged 0,

Gibson Robert Hudson,mother Gibson,birth registered Newcastle J Quarter 1911 couple of Roberts death recorded
Gunning County Down,Kneale Isle of Man,Riddle Tynemouth,Bibby Kendal/Bradford,Colenso Penzance/Barrow-in-Furness,Steele Corney Fell,Chapman Ely,Dawes Alfreton,Blamire Westmoreland and Ulverston
Dislike the use of P Messaging system, unless its of a sensitive nature, Rootschat is  an open forum,

Offline Radcliff

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Sunday 10 September 17 19:02 BST (UK) »
rather interesting that Doris is granted probate when  Montague dies have you applied for a copy of his will