Author Topic: Morton, Hudson, Gibson  (Read 4995 times)

Offline Radcliff

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Crown Copywrite on all census material,
    • View Profile
Re: Morton, Hudson, Gibson
« Reply #27 on: Monday 11 September 17 23:23 BST (UK) »
Okay Vicky I am picking up little bits but the 1911 would be helpful
as it looks like one sister Gladys Crighton went to New Zealand after marrying in 1920
she come home in 1960 address staying at was 48 Stanhope Street Newcastle
Gunning County Down,Kneale Isle of Man,Riddle Tynemouth,Bibby Kendal/Bradford,Colenso Penzance/Barrow-in-Furness,Steele Corney Fell,Chapman Ely,Dawes Alfreton,Blamire Westmoreland and Ulverston
Dislike the use of P Messaging system, unless its of a sensitive nature, Rootschat is  an open forum,

Offline andygmandrew

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Monday 11 September 17 23:37 BST (UK) »
I'm going to have a stab at a family tree for Doris.

Doris Morton
        |
James Morton=Margaret Jane Hudson (née Gibson) [married 2/4 1912 at Newcastle]
born 1889        born 1882
at Newcastle    at Newcastle
        |
James Morton=Isabella Patterson [married 1/4 1879 at Newcastle]
born 1889        born 1859
at Turvellaws    at Gateshead   
Wooler
       |
George Morton=Elizabeth Bryson [Marriages: At Wooler, on the 2nd inst. Mr George Morton to Miss
bap. 5/11/1815                             Elizabeth Bryson (Newcastle Guardian and Tyne Mercury,
at Alnwick                                     Saturday 9th of May 1846)]
        |
Andrew Morton=Ann Stewart [13 November 1814, Andrew Morton of Alnwick, widower and Ann 
born around 1790                  Stewart of Alnwick, spinster, by banns at Alnwick.  Wit. Robt. Dunn,
at Chillingham,                      John Dodds
Northumberland 

Andrew was a Presbyterian and there is no record of his baptism in any of the Anglican parishes. He may be in an as yet untranscribed Presbyterian register. He was previously married to Dorothy ? who was buried 12/8/1813 at Alnwick aged 31[no marriage traced] They had a daughter, Isabella [Isabella daughter of Andrew and Dorothy Morton in Heckley Fence in the Parish of Alnwick in the county of Northumberland was born 19th baptised 23rd of August 1812 at Alnwick Presbyterian Chapel]

Offline Radcliff

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Tuesday 12 September 17 07:38 BST (UK) »
St Pauls Elswick
19th January 1880
William Gibson,aged 27 years,father William Gibson
and Jane Adamson,aged 19, father John,
Gunning County Down,Kneale Isle of Man,Riddle Tynemouth,Bibby Kendal/Bradford,Colenso Penzance/Barrow-in-Furness,Steele Corney Fell,Chapman Ely,Dawes Alfreton,Blamire Westmoreland and Ulverston
Dislike the use of P Messaging system, unless its of a sensitive nature, Rootschat is  an open forum,

Offline Vicky9284

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Tuesday 12 September 17 07:43 BST (UK) »
Yes that would deffintly be correct, I went in my grandads attic yesterday and pulled out a few things one being an address book Doris kept. In there there is a Mr and Mrs Crichton 289 royal road, Massey, Auckland 8. New Zealand there is also a Renee living in new zealand. I also found my grandads adoption papers he wasn't adopted by Montague blanchford until 1951 he was then giving the name Peter Montague blanchford. They lived st 52 st Ann's road, Headington, Oxford.

Offline Vicky9284

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Tuesday 12 September 17 07:56 BST (UK) »
Thank you Andrew, so that is my grandads grandfather's side. He is going to be so made up with all this information when I put it together and give it to him as the only family member he knew was his mother.

Offline Radcliff

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Tuesday 12 September 17 09:24 BST (UK) »
wonder who they were visiting in Stanhope Street

Offline Radcliff

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Tuesday 12 September 17 09:47 BST (UK) »
Pop this in your to research file
 in 1918,1919 there is an Edward and Jane Gibson,living at 50 Stanhope St,Alfred Cato Lynn is at 48 with a Mary Jane Lynn,(Hall)

Offline Vicky9284

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Tuesday 12 September 17 13:19 BST (UK) »
I'm wondering if you have been able to place Margaret Jane Morton and Doris anywhere between 1925 and 1934, also have had no luck placing Doris after her mother died I know she ended up in Oxford but have no idea when she went and who she went to.
Also from talking to my grandad today he said that when he went to live with Doris and Montague they rented a room together in a pub in Oxford the Talbot inn and then rented a room at 52 st Ann's road, it wasn't until my grandad was around 20 that Montague came into money from the death of his dad and they all moved to Devon together. The thing that is now confusing me is that it was said that Doris was montague's house keeper now I'm sure he can't have had a house keeper for a rented one bedroom.

Offline Radcliff

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Tuesday 12 September 17 22:31 BST (UK) »
1918,1919,1920,1921,1922,and up to  1925 Margaret Jane and James Morton in Gill Street,Fenham
in 1926 Margaret is still at the above address,there is one male living with her by the name of John Westmorland,husband has died,
in 1929 still in Gill Street,no other adults in the house
1932 still in Gill Street,no other adults registered
1934,1935,1936,Doris is with her mother 16 Marianople St,after this I do not see them again in the registers