Author Topic: Morton, Hudson, Gibson  (Read 5027 times)

Offline Radcliff

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Crown Copywrite on all census material,
    • View Profile
Re: Morton, Hudson, Gibson
« Reply #36 on: Tuesday 12 September 17 22:37 BST (UK) »
I still think you need to apply for Grandads childrens home documents these will probably fill in all the important stuff
Gunning County Down,Kneale Isle of Man,Riddle Tynemouth,Bibby Kendal/Bradford,Colenso Penzance/Barrow-in-Furness,Steele Corney Fell,Chapman Ely,Dawes Alfreton,Blamire Westmoreland and Ulverston
Dislike the use of P Messaging system, unless its of a sensitive nature, Rootschat is  an open forum,

Offline Radcliff

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Tuesday 12 September 17 23:00 BST (UK) »
Does your Grandad remember being in a childrens home ?
Gunning County Down,Kneale Isle of Man,Riddle Tynemouth,Bibby Kendal/Bradford,Colenso Penzance/Barrow-in-Furness,Steele Corney Fell,Chapman Ely,Dawes Alfreton,Blamire Westmoreland and Ulverston
Dislike the use of P Messaging system, unless its of a sensitive nature, Rootschat is  an open forum,

Offline Vicky9284

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Tuesday 12 September 17 23:33 BST (UK) »
 ;D ok so do you think they would have been living at either of these 2 addresses in 1933 as this was the year my grandad was conceived. What I am thinking is that Doris up and moved to Oxford when her mum died so should be living there sometime after 1937. I can't find Montague in 1933 I know he is living in London with his wife Alice Mary I think 36 37 38 but then he disappears.

Offline Vicky9284

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Tuesday 12 September 17 23:43 BST (UK) »
It's difficult to say my grandad thinks he was but I don't know if it's a memory or just what he thinks is a children's home in photos. From talking to him I don't think he was officially fostered out either it seems that his mother must have know these people. He remembers waking up one Christmas morning in a foster home Mrs Chandler' s and his mother who he knew as auntie Doris being on the end of his bed. He also remembers being at one address for a day before he was taken to a shop where he thinks doris was working and thrown at her as he has pushed the ladies son in a river. His last foster home was with a Mr and Mrs Todd he remembers this one the most and stayed there the longest Doris used to visit him there or so he thinks but this is where Montague and Doris collected him from. Doris has a Mrs Chandler and a Mrs Todd in her address book both living in Oxford.

Offline Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • PASSED & PAST
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Wednesday 13 September 17 01:45 BST (UK) »
Mrs Chandler and a Mrs Todd in her address book both living in Oxford.

Late to the thread...

Do those women have forenames in the address book or are the titled plain 'Mrs' or 'Mrs x' (x being an initial)?

Is there an actual address for either/both?

Annie
South Uist, Inverness-shire, Scotland:- Bowie, Campbell, Cumming, Currie

Ireland:- Cullen, Flannigan (Derry), Donahoe/Donaghue (variants) (Cork), McCrate (Tipperary), Mellon, Tol(l)and (Donegal & Tyrone)

Newcastle-on-Tyne/Durham (Northumberland):- Harrison, Jude, Kemp, Lunn, Mellon, Robson, Stirling

Kettering, Northampton:- MacKinnon

Canada:- Callaghan, Cumming, MacPhee

"OLD GENEALOGISTS NEVER DIE - THEY JUST LOSE THEIR CENSUS"

Offline Vicky9284

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Wednesday 13 September 17 07:42 BST (UK) »
Hi Annie,
She has a Mrs Ann Chandler living at 10 bickenton road, Headington, Oxford and she has a Mrs Todd 9 park I think it says lelese or blese yarnton Kidlington oxford

Offline Vicky9284

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Wednesday 13 September 17 07:56 BST (UK) »
Other addresses she has in Oxford are a Mrs Burgess 5 bowness quenne  headington Oxford. A Mrs cook 78a walton street Oxford. A Mr and Mrs Ewing 333 Holloway Cowley Oxford  (my grandad thinks he may have stayed here) A Mrs yolis 42 poplar grove kennington oxford.
She also has 2 addresses for Newcastle a Mrs Alice young who I'm sure I'm sure is her auntie bolam or bolan house welfare home west end Newcastle upon Tyne and a Effie 108 grannille or Graminlle road Gosforth Newcastle on Tyne 3.

Offline Radcliff

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: Wednesday 13 September 17 15:21 BST (UK) »
Yes Alice Young was a relative we found her marriage didn't we ,but Effie s a harder one to track down

Offline Vicky9284

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: Wednesday 13 September 17 17:22 BST (UK) »
Yes we found her marriage to Alfred young. I have found that Alice young and her brother (can't think which brother of the top of my head as I'm not with my paperwork) are registered living at 48 Stanhope in the 1939 register so that must be who Gladys came back to in 1960