Author Topic: gallagher lecky rd Derry  (Read 1776 times)

Offline advent

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
gallagher lecky rd Derry
« on: Monday 11 September 17 14:07 BST (UK) »
I would be grateful if some kind Roots Chat collague could help in my search for the following.
I have records from the City Cemetery Derry of the burial of Mary Ann Gallagher of 191 Lecky Rd Derry (died 23rd July 1930 ) age 72 .( born circa 1858 ) This record states Father- John Gallagher Mother- Mary Gallagher.

On a search of both Irish civil records and Northern Ireland records for the stated period I cant find any trace of death record for Mary Ann

Would appreciate some leads. Regards.

Offline Mary Evans

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: gallagher lecky rd Derry
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 08 October 19 20:41 BST (UK) »
Hi

Online Public Records of Births, Deaths & Marriages have a 100 year embargo on them which means in Northern Ireland you cannot look up records until 100 years after the event.  (The Republic of Ireland’s death records are a bit more lenient).

This is a link to the Derry & Strabane Council Records for Derry City Cemetery.  https://www.derrystrabane.com/cemeteryrecords
It’s very useful but stops at 1919.  It is currently working in the process of updating records to approx 1950.

Good Luck with your search!

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: gallagher lecky rd Derry
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 08 October 19 21:35 BST (UK) »
Online Public Records of Births, Deaths & Marriages have a 100 year embargo on them which means in Northern Ireland you cannot look up records until 100 years after the event.  (The Republic of Ireland’s death records are a bit more lenient).

This is a link to the Derry & Strabane Council Records for Derry City Cemetery.  https://www.derrystrabane.com/cemeteryrecords
It’s very useful but stops at 1919.  It is currently working in the process of updating records to approx 1950.

Actually that's incorrect. The vital records on Irish Genealogy site only go up to 1921 for Ni records. For those after 1921 GRONi's database has births 100+ years old, marriages 75+ years old and deaths 50+ years old (register and purchase credits to view them).

If sounds from the original reply that the OP already has the record from City Cemetery.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!