Author Topic: NSW Lockley descendants? Holden;Reed; Willcocks;Hunter  (Read 14453 times)

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
Re: NSW Lockley descendants? Holden;Reed; Willcocks;Hunter
« Reply #45 on: Thursday 14 September 17 02:07 BST (UK) »
Here's a snip from page 28/106 of that pdf

JM

The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline nowornever

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Thursday 14 September 17 02:19 BST (UK) »
Majm

its 2 am here. i cant possibly answer all your queries now.
 And I need to print them off as there's so many so I will get back to you and see what I can prove/confirm.
In the meanwhile raise your glass to Thomas- it's actually his birthday today. 14/9/1839
Pauline

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Thursday 14 September 17 03:19 BST (UK) »
http://marinersandships.com.au/1879/10/media/084cuz4.gif
Source:State Records Authority of New South Wales: Shipping Master's Office; Passengers Arriving 1855 - 1922; NRS13278, [X146-147] reel 441.

Unassisted steerage passenger to Sydney 27 October 1879 per Cuzco
Mr Thos LOCKLEY  :)

JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline nowornever

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: Thursday 14 September 17 20:24 BST (UK) »
Hi Ros
Just to let you know that I have found the will of Ellen Alice in my folder but, as you said, there is no probate (another note) for Thomas  Cheers P

Majm
I have now printed off all posts so that I can try to answer your queries a bit easier

You ask what my connection is to the family. as stated in my first post I am the GT GT niece of Thomas. One of his brothers was my Gt Grandfather (Are you related? )  Quote: -

""I have other information available for the couple I noted on the 1902....."

The marriage cert: -
Friends of mine were visiting from Melbourne and offered to apply for this on their return. As you probably know, because they are not direct descendants, they were only permitted the abridged version. This states the couple, venue. date, occupation, residence place, witness' and conjugal status - in this case Widow/Widower. I agree with the comment that some vicars were happy to just accept this -
( but wonder if there were some records around relating to immigrants to confirm/disprove?)

We know Ellen was a widow after Edward was killed- thanks to Jamjar for the report, and I do have their full marriage cert. (And thank you Majm for Albert - I had missed him.)
I mentioned Ellen's will earlier. this clearly proves she was Thomas' widow- naming her daughter.
Then Ros turns up the obit for Thomas which says he arrived from Birmingham ( not quite) some 60 years previously ( if they counted his original "sudden" arrival also)
Although their marriage cert does not give his mother's maiden name ( and I have yet to see the correct one on Ancestry Public Trees) their Death Index, and if my memory is correct, the NSW Archive both correctly state the first names of his parents - my Gt Gt Grandparents.
Finally they are all laid to rest in the same grave- Ellen & her two husbands

I don't know how it is possible to convince you that I believe this to be "my" Thomas; his place of departure; his parent's names; the fact that he was not in England in 1681; the name on the Cuzco...?  I can't provide any more, and doubt most people would have as much
And yes there are other Lockleys listed on passenger lists around this time, the majority are females and most ages are out. But I really didn't feel that I needed to expand that search further.

I am going to return- having had so many problems with losing almost completed posts. (3rd time for this one today) Reported it. cant risk it again
Pauline

Offline rosball

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • John Scott Henderson 1853 Scotland -1919 Vic
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: Thursday 14 September 17 22:37 BST (UK) »
Which church were they married in Pauline?  Perhaps we can hunt down the church records.  (By the way there is no restriction on obtaining a full cert for an 1891 marriage but there may have been blanks on the cert which are filled in on church records)

I had missed that there was a probate packet for Ellen until you mentioned the will but now I've found it.  https://www.records.nsw.gov.au/item/583214

Do you have the whole probate packet or just the will?  (usually about 30 pages in probate packet which *should* include death certificate and occasionally other certs and full names and locations of heirs).  I can easily add that to my list  :)

Ros
Let's not tolerate bullying !
Herrington Kent  Henderson Scotland Kerr Scotland Reston Scotland  Smith Scotland  Kellow Cornwall  Doney Cornwall  Wadeson Lancashire  Whiteley Yorkshire Gregan Ireland

Offline nowornever

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: Thursday 14 September 17 23:05 BST (UK) »
Hi again Ros

I only have the will for Ellen - two paragraphs of it. Short & sweet.
 I wouldn't think there was too much more info contained in the probate.

They were married at St Luke's Vicarage  (was the church itself shut?) Junee on 25 March 1891
Thank you
Pauline

Offline sparrett

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: Thursday 14 September 17 23:06 BST (UK) »

I am going to return- having had so many problems with losing almost completed posts. (3rd time for this one today) Reported it. cant risk it again
Pauline

Pauline
Nothing to do with your actual query, but a tip to help I hope.

Type your entire reply on to a normal word document.
When complete, copy and paste it into the reply window on your thread which you will access in the usual way.
Replies get can get  "wiped" when you leave the typed up reply window (unsent) to enter another website etc.

If the reply is very long, use 2 windows one after the other using the copy and paste from your document.
Sue
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline rosball

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • John Scott Henderson 1853 Scotland -1919 Vic
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: Thursday 14 September 17 23:23 BST (UK) »
St Luke's Anglican Church Junee website http://juneeanglican.org.au/ does contain contact info - worth a try  :)

By the way Edward Charles LOCKLEY (the other person mentioned as executor on Frederic's probate notice and possibly a son) possibly died 15 Nov 2007 late of Cootamundra
with a funeral notice in Cootamundra Herald on 14 Nov 2007
(from Ryerson's http://ryersonindex.org/search.php)

From Govt gazettes on trove, the name of his property was "Oakville" at Stockinbingal
http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article220055550

Ros
Let's not tolerate bullying !
Herrington Kent  Henderson Scotland Kerr Scotland Reston Scotland  Smith Scotland  Kellow Cornwall  Doney Cornwall  Wadeson Lancashire  Whiteley Yorkshire Gregan Ireland

Offline nowornever

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: Thursday 14 September 17 23:58 BST (UK) »
Sparret

I really appreciate your advice. I will do exactly that.
People would not believe how many attempts I have lost - even lost the will to live over this.
There's just NO way you can retrieve an hours work.

(shhh... been in my pj's for 2 days in front of this pc!)
thanks
Pauline