Author Topic: James Bolton  (Read 236 times)

Offline eileendavid

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
James Bolton
« on: Tuesday 12 September 17 15:26 BST (UK) »
Is there anyone who can advise me about the muster rolls.  I am looking for James Bolton who at the time of his daughter Helen's baptism in Scotland he was a soldier.

The baptism reads "James Bolton, Soldier in the 4th Regt of Scots Militia and Elisabeth Story his Spouse had a Daughter born 16 April and baptised 18th April by the name of Helen Witnesses James Jarvis miner and John Mcpherson". Baptised at Dalkeith Mid Lothian Scotland.

I am hoping to find his age or anything about him that may point me in the direction of progressing my family history.

I have also posted this on the military board

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=778794.0

Eileen

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • MEM 1878 - 1949
    • View Profile
Re: James Bolton
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 12 September 17 16:14 BST (UK) »
Eileen forgot to add the year of birth of Helen ~

https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:XT5Q-WRH
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • MEM 1878 - 1949
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 12 September 17 16:57 BST (UK) »
According to someonline trees he was named William James Bolton. I'm not sure how accurate this is but will do some more searches. So far nothing concrete on him or Elisabeth Stor(e) y.

Gadget
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

Offline eileendavid

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 13 September 17 13:23 BST (UK) »
Hello Gadget

Thanks for the information and your help. Much appreciated.  On his daughter Helen's baptism in 1802 he is James a soldier in the Militia spouse Elisabeth Story.  On her marriage to Daniel Potter 1823 his name is William and he's a shoemaker (like Daniel) deceased.  I understand that the militia in Scotland was disbanded in 1802.

Not found a death for him as I don't know how old he was.  I thought if he was a soldier there might be details of him.

Thanks again

Eileen